Ethan's 91 Civic HB Official Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Youre useing a Z6 timing belt right? It's looking pretty good, is that the block out of the wagovan?

bah i only like to have on the lower piece of the cover... but i am gonna get a y8 intake manifold. iv got the z6 intake manifold sitting in the garage.

nah lol it just makes shit easier for me. YOU FUCKING RUSTED CRX RIDIN JIMMY BEAN DRINKING HOMO!!!!

LMAO

ok so i just got back from picking up my transmission. they pulled it off a sohc zc right in front of me for 200 bucks. shit is clean but it dont look like it was cleaned.

wish me luck! :)

engine and tranny are in...

here is a list of what i can remember that i used or replaced.

d16a6 block
d16z6 vtec head
arp head studs
mls head gasket
light weight flywheel
exedy oem clutch
throwout bearing & pilot bearing
new water pump timing belt and tensioner
oil pan gasket
valve cover gaskets
intake and exhaust gaskets
throttle body gasket
sohc zc 5 speed transmission

temporary cheapo vtec timer should be in monday. ill use that till i have the money to convert to obd1 and run a p28 ecu.

well its running pretty good for the fact i haven't fine tuned the timing and i have a broken injector. looks like my mls head gasket didn't do the trick though. i have some steam coming out of the exhaust. i think im gonna pull the head off and just use a regular d16z6 head gasket.

I'm getting the feeling I'm not going to be able to afford getting into B series, so I think I"m gonna start learning about the D's. So now I'm interested lol. Keep up the good work. What did the motor run you?

Which MLS headgasket did you use?

When I used my first MLS gasket I went another 8ft pounds after specs for a Z6.

Maybe you put the head studs in wrong?

And of course I did the OBD1 swap, I don't do hack jobs. *wink wink* ;)

Last edited:
Use the Honda HG and the studs get threaded in hand tight and the nuts get torqued to 65ft/lbs IIRC.

Back