Ethan's 91 Civic HB Official Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I didn't get to do shit today. tomorrow im going to finish putting together my temporary engine so i can drive my car till i decide on what im doing with my a6.

Sounds like a good plan. I've been sitting on the sidelines following this post and everything seems to going well. Good job, man!

Thanks right now im searching for my camera so i can get some pics of what im doing... maybe ill have some later.

300 hp from a N/A sohc is just about impossible
and you're wasting money dumping 2700 into a d series
throw together your DIY turbo setup and call it a day
you should have enough blocks sitting around to toss in there every month when you pop another motor

300 hp from a N/A sohc is just about impossible
and you're wasting money dumping 2700 into a d series
throw together your DIY turbo setup and call it a day
you should have enough blocks sitting around to toss in there every month when you pop another motor

be quiet old man.. but yea the diy turbo is where im looking. when we doin the teggy?

not anything really going on... should be picking up a new trans soon (?maybe si?) and i gotta pick up my z6 head.

Good choice going with the z6 head and not the y8 head. I went that route and there are so many mods you need to do as opposed to the D16z6

Yea im getting kinda bored with the d16a6 so i think its time for some VTECH TUBO and NAWZZ!!!

Well i got the d16z6 vtec head and intake manifold. then i ordered a 8ib flywheel to go with my exedy clutch. then i said fuck it and got every single new seal for the engine and a new timing belt kit.

o yea i forgot to mention tomorrow im going to pick up my probe turbo and the rear disk brakes.

Fuck id also like some input on what you guys think. im gettin a eg body harness and i was wondering if i should go through changing it or just get a vtec timer. i think im gonna get a vtec timer for now anyway but i would honestly like to do the harness swap. ill be obd1 vtec and wired for a sunroof! :D

TIRED! time for bed ill check replys tomorrow. later guys :)

Yea im getting kinda bored with the d16a6 so i think its time for some VTECH TUBO and NAWZZ!!!
Coolieo.
Well i got the d16z6 vtec head and intake manifold. then i ordered a 8ib flywheel to go with my exedy clutch. then i said fuck it and got every single new seal for the engine and a new timing belt kit.
Awesome.
o yea i forgot to mention tomorrow im going to pick up my probe turbo and the rear disk brakes.
Sick.
Fuck id also like some input on what you guys think. im gettin a eg body harness and i was wondering if i should go through changing it or just get a vtec timer. i think im gonna get a vtec timer for now anyway but i would honestly like to do the harness swap. ill be obd1 vtec and wired for a sunroof! :D

TIRED! time for bed ill check replys tomorrow. later guys :)
Dope.

How about that for input! But seriously everything is coming along nicely! How are you paying for all of this stuff? Did you give up drinking?

Oh yeah, don't swap in a EG harness. Wayyy to much shit to deal with. Just get the OBD1 conversion harness and wire from there. You already did the MPFI so its easy now.

yea i decided to go with the rywire.com conversion harness. but no i didnt give up drinking iv just been finding good deals! my rear disc swap and turbo are free. my flywheel gaskets timing kit and headstuds cost me 350 bucks.

i should be getting everything put together by this weekend.

Im also going AWD for the winter... WINTER GRIP FTW!!!!

im gonna fab everything up to put the awd from my parts wagon civic into my hatch.

Last edited:
I gots deh vtech!!!!!11:D

Attachments

• civic 006.jpg
    civic 006.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 165
  • civic 001.jpg
    civic 001.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 153
Back