Explain it to me...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I 2nd that. I only buy gas in $20 at a time tho, just need to do it a little more often.

no problem. I look forward to what comes from this. Cause i can barely afford to keep gas in my car

F**king eh man, I had to get out of the delivery business because of that stuff. Even with the small amount of compensation you get, it still ended up just not being worth it, plus if the prices are to keep going up-profit goes down.

And I also agree with everyone that says we arent going to be dependent on oil by the time we run out, I mean, look at where we are at now, hybrid/electric vehicles are what every car manufacturer is trying to make, and like anything else, every new one is going to be better than the last ultimately resulting in the BEST(whatever that would be) completely electric vehicle. Although, just because we have the technology for these types of cars, I dont see us having an electric vehicle that can do what our gasoline cars can (endurance mostly) anytime soon.

True, the 3 biggest problems with electric cars: Batteries are too big, too heavy and dont last long. If they can make a reliable fully electric car that can last as long as an average gasoline car, as in one gas tank so average of 600 or so miles/kilometres (i dont know what most cars can get), id buy one.

True, the 3 biggest problems with electric cars: Batteries are too big, too heavy and dont last long. If they can make a reliable fully electric car that can last as long as an average gasoline car, as in one gas tank so average of 600 or so miles/kilometres (i dont know what most cars can get), id buy one.

exactly, and when that one electric car can do that, the gasoline cars will be obsolete.

I wouldn't say they will become obsolete. They will just invest more money into R&D to make better fuel efficient cars. People are too dependent on gas to have it be that dramatic of a change.

Currently, they can get away with what they are doing because they know people will still buy the vehicles and pay for the fuel. There really isnt' any way around it. Especially people with businesses or the need for higher output vehicles.

It's not just gasoline, don't forget about all the things made from oil... Plastics being the big one; short of a giant leap in technology, I don't ever see us moving away from plastic.

Something's got to generate electricity for those electric cars, something has to create the hydrogen to run the way-in-the-future cars. We can probably do alot of it with solar, wind, nuclear, and coal, (we probably have enough coal to last us until humanity blows itself up and becomes oil for the cockroach people), but it'll take a long time to wean ourselves off of oil 100%.

And Vaseline! What will we do without Vaseline!

Last edited:
It's not just gasoline, don't forget about all the things made from oil... Plastics being the big one; short of a giant leap in technology, I don't ever see us moving away from plastic.

Something's got to generate electricity for those electric cars, something has to create the hydrogen to run the way-in-the-future cars. We can probably do alot of it with solar, wind, nuclear, and coal, (we probably have enough coal to last us until humanity blows itself up and becomes oil for the cockroach people), but it'll take a long time to wean ourselves off of oil 100%.

And Vaseline! What will we do without Vaseline!

I have said it before and I will say it again, spit my friend just use spit.

In all seiousness though, DarkHand raises a good point. We use oil for all kinds of products, but if we where to cut down on fuel consumption the problem would be mitigated a lot.

Personally, I say it's government conspiracy. if anyone here has seen the movie "I Am Legend", theres a part where Will Smith is siphoning gas from a station, and the prices posted on the sign are up in the 6.00 per gallon range, right after the movie was in theaters prices starting rising, It's like one of these opec schmucks watched this movie and said "Hey, how close to that price can we get"

Back