F*CK YOU CT!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm not sure what insurance points will do, but CT doesn't have the jurisdiction to come get you in your homestate and bring you to trial.

that used to be the case....

but i beleive Ct, ny, ri, mass, and vt all share data with each other now, and this doesn't hold true.

who knows. the last time i got a ticket in CT was when i first got the mirage... almost 3 years ago.

yeah, my brother had a ton of unpaid parking tickets in RI...he lost his Mass license over it.

he had to pay them off (went to court and got the total amount reduced a bit)

then go to the MA DMV and pay a reinstatement fee

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I'm not sure what insurance points will do, but CT doesn't have the jurisdiction to come get you in your homestate and bring you to trial.

that used to be the case....

but i beleive Ct, ny, ri, mass, and vt all share data with each other now, and this doesn't hold true.

I said I'm not sure what the insurance points will do...

The CT State Police aren't going to come arrest you and bring you back to CT, and the MD or whereever he lives, police aren't going to arrest you and extradict you to CT. Its too expensive and time consuming.

or they just revoke your lic in your home state so you're FORCED to come back and pay off the fines and court fees and THEN they can arrest you...

assholes...

right, they won't come after you, but they'll suspend your licens in both CT and the other 5 states as well.

I'd fight it. My dad got a ticket where I live. He runs a company, and is 2+ hours away from me no traffic. He's going to come fight it, just because 7 years is a long time and a few bucks here and there will add up tons.

Hey for the record...Im Ri your insurance doesnt go up for tickets out of state. I know this because I used to live in Ma, and I had atleast 12 tickets in Ma alone. When I moved to Ri and got my licence here, I didnt have a single think of my record...atleast fior a week anyway... but thats cuz I cant help myself. I did speak to an insurance agent and he said your insurance only looks at your record for the state you have your license in. SO it shouldnt make your premium go up. Good luck with it..oh yeah hope you like the seats I sold ya today.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey for the record...Im Ri your insurance doesnt go up for tickets out of state. I know this because I used to live in Ma, and I had atleast 12 tickets in Ma alone. When I moved to Ri and got my licence here, I didnt have a single think of my record...atleast fior a week anyway... but thats cuz I cant help myself. I did speak to an insurance agent and he said your insurance only looks at your record for the state you have your license in. SO it shouldnt make your premium go up. Good luck with it..oh yeah hope you like the seats I sold ya today.

My friend told me this as well for NJ and PA.

He was suspended in NJ and had like 18 points and got a "fresh" license when he moved to PA. Just like you, he had gotten himself 2 tickets real fast though.

gg audi tt

I don't know where everyone gets their info from, but some people really need to do their research before they start throwing stuff out there...

If he doesn't pay his ticket, he gets a warrant...granted, they won't come out and get him, but if for whatever reason they run his info next time he gets pulled over, he gets arrested. That's how that works.

As far as his moving violations and the whole insurance thing, if he pleads not guilty, fights it in court and wins, it DOES NOT go on his record. If he pays the ticket, it does. That's how my father taught me to do it, and that's what I've been doing...I am pretty sure after 36 years as a cop, my dad knows what he is talking about.

Hosmer, was it the State police or the Middletown police? Cuz if it's the State Police, I can talk to my mom and see if she'll pull the ticket...She works at headquarters. My sister, who happens to live across the street from Clayton, knows all the cops that operate out of the Middletown precinct for the Staties, because she used to work for the Gangs Unit when she was with the State Police before she got prego and left on medical leave...Just let me know, I'll see what I can do.

The other thing for those that may get harassed by the Staties in CT...ask to speak with the Shift Commander if you ever get pulled over...They can't refuse it. Most of the time, they are on the other side of their cover area, and the troopers usually get impatient if they don't have anything to really hold you on and are just being pricks. They either have to wait for the supervisor, and then you can tell him what's going on and put in a complaint to the supervisor, or the Trooper will let you go because he doesn't want to wait and/or he doesn't have anything on you and doesn't want to get his ass chewed.

As far as his moving violations and the whole insurance thing, if he pleads not guilty, fights it in court and wins, it DOES NOT go on his record. If he pays the ticket, it does. That's how my father taught me to do it, and that's what I've been doing...I am pretty sure after 36 years as a cop, my dad knows what he is talking about.

interesting... it was/is the same way in NY, but on sept 1st they are instituting a new policy...
they will no longer allow troopers to plea bargain tickets at all...

head troopers say that the court appearances are taking the troopers off the roads and away from their jobs too much, if the courts want to allow plea bargaining they should have a prosecutor for the people to plea bargain with...

i think they should stop using tickets as a source of fucking revenue and then there would be no need for plea bargaining cause fucktards wouldn't be so worried about their quotas...

Quoted post[/post]]
I don't know where everyone gets their info from, but some people really need to do their research before they start throwing stuff out there...

If he doesn't pay his ticket, he gets a warrant...granted, they won't come out and get him, but if for whatever reason they run his info next time he gets pulled over, he gets arrested. That's how that works.

I didnt say he should ignore the ticket. But Regardless if he fights it or just pays it..it wont affect his Ri insurance. I know this for a fact. I have never gone to court to fight a ticket, and I have never had a Massachusetts ticket show on my Ri driving record. I can look at my insurance records any time I want and they show tickets that affect the premium, and The only thing on the list is Ri infractions.

I have loads of MA stuff on my record, no NH and thankfully no Michigan (Had a day of fun in Chicago with the CRX)

F that.

Write a letter to the prosecution telling them the whats up. Pay the ticket, and court cost.... that will be all....

or Hell.... call them. Done it before TONS of times.

course I live in Missouri.... so I can get away with pretty much anything.

Back