F & F 3: Tokyo Drift (spoiler warning)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
So i went to a matinee today to avoid the crowds. It actually turned out to be worth seeing.

The good:Lots of real driving. Insane crashes, way better than the first two. there was actual fighting. people got worked over. There was a crew of 350z's and they were all bad ass cars. I didn't see one set of altezza's. The real "Drift King" was in it. The orange and black rx-7 is insane. beautiful car. totally custom. you will like it if you are into the whole Crazy JDM conversion thing.

The bad:what good is a drifting movie and they don't even have one corolla racing. They call drifting "racing" a lot. it's not really racing because it's judged. Lucas black has a horrible accent and learns to drift with an evo. AWD kinda hard for a beginner. Oh yeah, the worst part is, he pulls an rb26 out of an s15 and puts it into his dad's shelby. hmmmm. not a typical swap.

oh yeah, vin diesel makes a cameo appearance in the end. but WTF, he's driving a GTO (i think).

all in all, pretty cool flick. better than i thought it would be. definitely worth seeing.

Last edited:
the evo is rear-wheel-drive. i think ryhs' shop was the one that made the coversion differential. they're even making a kit so you can turn your evo into a drift machine! personally, i don't really see the point; but it is reversible.....

some kid is arguing with me about the swap being bullshit right now...he thinks for some reason that its totally legitimate. I know the car ran and everything but in terms of the movie it was completely unrealistic.

are you talking about the evo? if so, i don't see why not. they make a bolt in part for the sti/wrx to disable the front axel

preludebuddy said:
some kid is arguing with me about the swap being bullshit right now...he thinks for some reason that its totally legitimate. I know the car ran and everything but in terms of the movie it was completely unrealistic.

the deal is, anything is possible. ANYTHING. it just takes time, money and knowledge. not exactly what a bunch of 18-22 year olds have, but whatever. it probably wouldn't be that bad to do. custom mounts, custom driveline, and a bitch of a harness. i dunno, i just think they were trying to make the best of both worlds. i was still surprised to see an rb26 in an s15 to begin with.

I saw the movie and personally thought it sucked. They are "Racing" all over.. Now, last I checked, drifting had nothing to do with racing.

Anyway, the story line sucked balls. The nissan motor WAS installed in the mustang for real, took them two months of fabrication. They said it had nice pep and drove well; however, the car that they used for the drifting sceens had a big block in it. One of two actually, both were something like 500+ cubes but were labled as 600+ on the valve covers. I dont remember the actual numbers.

Anyway, favorite part was when the police were showing him "footage" and he said "Can I get a copy of that??" (the scene where he jumps through the framed house after the viper)

Funny shit. You have to go see it just because.. but it won't knock your socks off.

i'll be watching it tonight from the comfort of my theatre :p

it was good for a fast and furious movie. it kept me entertained, and the story line is better than the others. the cars werent that bad either; i liked most of them. so overall i enjoyed it. and the nissan motor into the mustang has been done before:

dsc017387ll.jpg

dsc019302hn.jpg

there was some bad cgi when they were team drifting.

the only thing this one didn't have that was better in the second one, two words.....Eva Mendes

pissedoffsol said:
i'll download it and wait for the DVD to come out to buy it :)

on second thought, i will not be buying it.

this is by far the worst movie i've seen in 4 years.

yeah dude, it was pathetic.

lame acting
hick accents
no real hotties to look at
lame plot
lame driving
stupid stunts
lame effects
lame in general.

pissedoffrating: 2/10

Back