f the police..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

he should have just tazed the punks

would have made for a much better video

Second cop just grabbed one kid and pushed another, nothing like choking one on the ground or holding two in headlocks at the same time. That cop was on a power trip, like 98% of cops in the US. Broken law or not, that IS excessive force.

What baffles me the most is Cel's stand about how skateboarding laws are rediculous. :p

Politically, I'm closer to an Anarchist. But I also believe that we should live by the sword.

Skateboarding laws are in place so hard working men and women who own businesses and have poured their lives and life savings into the business aren't sued by irresponsible parents when their children fall and hurt themselves.

I skated all my life, so don't give me any crap about not understanding or that there's not enough skate parks around.

Flat out, if I owned my own business their would be no skating, biking, etc., etc. that I could be sued for should an accident occur. How do you think I would feel if I lost my dream because of some kid I didn't even know, or ask to come onto my property, hurting himself on my property. Its like having a pool and having an unknown child jump the fence and drown in the pool.

In terms of no skating in the city, the city has the same regulations as the private sector follows because they don't want to be sued as well.

I really think some of you have to look at the big picture when you make arguments and complaints. The world isn't perfect.

As for the cop, the kids shouldn't have run and he wouldn't have used the force that he ultimately used. The first kid just got put on the sidewalk, after that it looked like the cop had a knee brace on and he had to chance multiple kids around that were mocking him and disobeying the law. Should I wind up in that situation, what would you have done? Let them go and not have done your job, but not been the target of media attention or use the force necessary to subdue the kids until they're in police custody.

I wonder if this cop would have been so tough if it had be the pro Mike Vallely(sp?) skating where he shouldnt have been. Either way, the cop would bitch out when faced with a real force or gotten his ass kicked. Now thats a video I would love to see.

As for skateboarding in public. Yes it ruins some shit, I know I did it. And when asked, I repainted or fixed what I could. Why? They let me come back, skate it again and fix it again. As for pedestrians, look where your fucking walking. People complain about skaters because they can. They dont say shit about construction that they have to be careful as they walk by. Like last semester at school, some kids were skating a good 10 step rail. I waited for the first kid, laugh at him when he fell on his ass, proceeded up the stairs, and clapped when the second kid clear it and landed it.

Last edited:
I wonder if this cop would have been so tough if it had be the pro Mike Vallely(sp?) skating where he shouldnt have been. Either way, the cop would bitch out when faced with a real force or gotten his ass kicked. Now thats a video I would love to see.

haven't you played Vice City? Cops just call more cops till they win

seriously that cop was a big dood, I don't care who the skater wuz.

and

This was on the news this morning. What you didn't see was that two other arrested with this group were 19 and 20 and one kid was seen assaulting a member of the assisted living home they were skating outside of.

one sided video FTL

ALSO:

Saying "what if Mike Vallely" is like saying "what if that pro drag racer would have been street racing his civic", he wouldn't, he has talent and he keeps it where it belongs.

Last edited:
Exactly. The entire incident was complete bullshit.

edit:
Anyone who thinks this was an appropriate level of force, lives in a bubble. That's the kind of force you use when someone who can physically out power you, is actually resisting arrest.

Right.

Lets put constraints on the situation.

Had the teenagers not broken the law, would any of this force have been used?

We'll play the game that most people that don't take responsibility play and blame the entire situation on someone else, rather than for the kids putting themselves in this situation in the first place. It looked like the kid was still struggling and trying to get away until the officer took him down, who are you to say as an outsider what degree of strength the officer needed to subdue the teenagers. Perhaps he wasn't a great fighter and he applied the only method he knew how, to subdue the teenagers.

Now I guess its entirely the governments fault that they didn't train the police officer correctly. <---Blanco's standpoint. Everyone else is the root of the problem.

Last edited:
haven't you played Vice City? Cops just call more cops till they win

seriously that cop was a big dood, I don't care who the skater wuz.

and

This was on the news this morning. What you didn't see was that two other arrested with this group were 19 and 20 and one kid was seen assaulting a member of the assisted living home they were skating outside of.

one sided video FTL

ALSO:

Saying "what if Mike Vallely" is like saying "what if that pro drag racer would have been street racing his civic", he wouldn't, he has talent and he keeps it where it belongs.
LInk to any article that states that. I cant find anything, nothing mentions that.

America's News Room: Kelly Courtroom segment, 6-28-07, it was one of the attorney interviewed who said it

it's just like the Cal tazer incident, the video is posted by a friend of the perp or an enemy of the authorities

had the Cop's best friend shot a 15 min video on the incident, cropped it down to 4 min and posted it on youtube you would have seen a much different story I'm sure

once again.. according to who was in charge.. the police officer was at fault..

...and according to you, the police officer is at fault. That was an easy judgment to make when you weren't in the actual situation, right?

I'm not going to try to talk reason with someone who condones saying "fuck it" to the world and carelessly abuses drugs because its clear that the boat has left and you completely missed it.

...and according to you, the police officer is at fault. That was an easy judgment to make when you weren't in the actual situation, right?

I'm not going to try to talk reason with someone who condones saying "fuck it" to the world and carelessly abuses drugs because its clear that the boat has left and you completely missed it.

from what i saw, he's at fault..

and since when have i said "fuck it" to the world and carelessly abused drugs.. come on, do you know me personally??.. didnt think so..

from what i saw, he's at fault..

and since when have i said "fuck it" to the world and carelessly abused drugs.. come on, do you know me personally??.. didnt think so..

You talk about your drug abuse openly.

From what I saw he subdued perpetrators that were attempting to flee. I forgot he must have forced those teenagers to break the law so he would have to put them in a headlock when they tried to flee.

bahahhahahahaha
cheap shot?

Back