F20C S2000 motor swap...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think about it and the best way would be to do like unsivil said, then pull the body off and make the civic skin fit. That way you still get most of the heandling characteristics of the s2k, still have the f20c and just have a better platform to work with.

I think dropping a civic body onto a s2000 platform would be much more difficult than fabbing a custom frame for a civic. There are quite a few people that have built tube chassis for civics, you just have to know the right people.

Originally posted by Low-N-Slow@Jan 17 2005, 09:41 AM
OK I have a '96 2dr Civic and I got this wild idea last night to swap in an s2000 motor and drivetrain so it will be rear wheel drive. I am more than likely going to build a full frame for my Civic because I am planing on cutting out the floor and doing a body drop to it. I am curious to know how hard its going to be to install the S2000 motor or if it will even work in my car. I dont think mounting it or space should be an issue since I can fab up the motor mounts on the frame rails and wount have the strut towers in my way. If anyone knows how much is involved or has any thoughts about it. Let me know.  Thanks in advance.
[post=446764]Quoted post[/post]​

not to damper on your idea but you attempting to do a swap that is somewhat impossible to complete and if you can, expect to not have your car for about 2-3 months maybe longer and deffiantely expect to have deep pockets cuz whomever is gonna attemp to do this swap is gonna charge you an arm and a leg and possibly a couple fingers. it deffiantely isnt worth it. you better off dropping a common series motor in that car ( f,b,d even H series) and turboing that . theres gonna be some work to be done in making them fit too but its alot more "do-able" than an F20c swap and a shit load faster and you wouldnt be spending nearly as much in attempting it

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos+Jan 18 2005, 02:18 PM-->
Low-N-Slow
@Jan 17 2005, 09:41 AM
OK I have a '96 2dr Civic and I got this wild idea last night to swap in an s2000 motor and drivetrain so it will be rear wheel drive. I am more than likely going to build a full frame for my Civic because I am planing on cutting out the floor and doing a body drop to it. I am curious to know how hard its going to be to install the S2000 motor or if it will even work in my car. I dont think mounting it or space should be an issue since I can fab up the motor mounts on the frame rails and wount have the strut towers in my way. If anyone knows how much is involved or has any thoughts about it. Let me know. Thanks in advance.
[post=446764]Quoted post[/post]​

not to damper on your idea but you attempting to do a swap that is somewhat impossible to complete and if you can, expect to not have your car for about 2-3 months maybe longer and deffiantely expect to have deep pockets cuz whomever is gonna attemp to do this swap is gonna charge you an arm and a leg and possibly a couple fingers. it deffiantely isnt worth it. you better off dropping a common series motor in that car ( f,b,d even H series) and turboing that . theres gonna be some work to be done in making them fit too but its alot more "do-able" than an F20c swap and a shit load faster and you wouldnt be spending nearly as much in attempting it
[post=447470]Quoted post[/post]​

Read the whole thread before you post next time jackass. your stupid little response was already covered and the guy wants to do teh F20.

Whoa, I never said anything about strapping a civic body on a s2k's. I simply was saying you'd want a donor car to see how everything mounts up on an s2k and fab it up so you can do the same on the civic. A RWD civic would be cool IMO.

Originally posted by unsivil_audio@Jan 18 2005, 01:13 PM
Whoa, I never said anything about strapping a civic body on a s2k's. I simply was saying you'd want a donor car to see how everything mounts up on an s2k and fab it up so you can do the same on the civic. A RWD civic would be cool IMO.
[post=447503]Quoted post[/post]​

meh. civic teh most overrated cars evar. Just buy an s2k, then you'll have the bling to go with the speed.

Originally posted by unsivil_audio@Jan 18 2005, 01:25 PM
I have thought about this swap quite a bit and decided the best way to do it would be to find a wrecked s2000 and buy it up and go from there, you can probably get one for <7k, and this project will require a lot of fabbing, so in reality its not so much expensive as it would be time consuming to make everything work.
[post=447420]Quoted post[/post]​

wrecked ones i have seen go for like 10K-13K... its CRAZY..

Ok if I wanted an S2000 I would buy one I dont like way they look I just like the fact that it is a rear wheel drive honda with good power and I can take parts from it and use them with some ease, just need to do some moding and fabing to get them to work... I dont see why some of you guys keep saying its going to cost me an arm and a leg... I am going to be building the frame with a buddy of mine, along with the motor swap. I am not having a shop do any of the work on my car besides paint. I found the complete motor, tranny, and ecu for $3800 which isnt that $$$. This is just going to be a very time consuming project with a lot of planning along with trial and error. Whats the point of building a custom ride that has the same shit as everyone else then its not custom. I have never seen a rear wheel drive street legal civic, and when people tell me it cant be done or its not worth doing makes me want to do it even more. Keep the feedback and suggestions coming.

Im pretty sure im going to use the rear suspesion set up, but dont think I will use the front depends on if I can get a set of custom upper and lower a arms buit or not.

Well, take tons of pictures and post up every now and then. We'll all want to see your progress.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 19 2005, 12:34 PM
a miata is RWD from the beginning. It alot more simple that way.
[post=448048]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Anything is possible, if you have enough drive to do it. If that dude got it in a
Miata it damn sure will fit in my civic bolted to a frame. My major work is going to be making the car RWD, I need to go look under an S2000 to check out the rear set up and drivetrain to get some measurements.

i will be stopping by the garage that mine is parked in this weekend. What type of pics/measurements would you like. I can probably snap some real quick

I need to know the length of the drive shaft, also if you could get pics of the rear suspension set up that would be killer. Thanks man.

I don't think the DS will fit, I think you're going to need a custom one, I mean you could probably make it fit but you'd be better off with a custom one.

Either way, its good that you're getting dimensions and measurements now.

sorry.. you were a bit to late on that one.. i was at my parents house fri night and left sat morning..

Back