F20C S2000 motor swap...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Low-N-Slow@Jan 17 2005, 08:15 AM
First off prick, how does asking a question mean you cant do something?? Are you kidding me, by asking qestions it allows you to gain more knowledge so thing can be done better. I know im able to do any fab work thats required and I got all the time in the world so if I cant get any help because of assholes like your self, ill figure it out on my own.
[post=446775]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey!!! Two great minds think alike... See, I was thinking of doing the same thing since I can't fit into an s2000... Since I fit and love the 92 civic, I was thinking of getting a civic and making custom made CNC machined motormounts, tranny mounts, rear suspension mounts for the s2000 drivetrain to put it into a civic. it can be done but you'd have to cut the unibody frame, make connecting rails to the back, cut the firewall, and mount everything up... It will cost you a lot of money if you don't have the tools... But if you do, man, more power to you... I'll fly to your place to be in the passenger seat hahaha...

If I don't get an s2000 drivetrain, a chevy 350 lt1 engine will be mocked up to see if it fits there, just to go after the v8 focus's hahaha... :D

OK dude, if you got the time, and the money, then go for it. Piece of cake man, if they can do it to a delsol you can do it to a civic, first go get the drive shaft, hoist the engine in, and see how much room u got, then convert the back to CRV back axels and shit or s2000 shit, then convert fron suspension and shit to s2000. and fab the engine in and run the driveshaft then wire everything you need, and make sure u use the s2k ecu, and start it up. then bang bam, if it starts, you got it man......lolz

Anyone who went to englishtown for honda day 06 will back me up in this but if your gonna build a race car with an s2000 base build everything as strong as you can. The engine tranny and especially the rear end. About 4 or 5 s2000 wiht lots of money dumped into them (and done right I might add) blew the fuck up going down the track or (for most) blew the rear ends up right at the tree. Good luck.

Good For You Man

Hey man I was actually thinking about doing the same thing to my 94 Integra LS but I was going to make it FWD I'm actually in the process of piecing everything together on the computer and paper to see what I am going to need to do.

What

Hey man I was just responding I don't know if you were being serious or not but isn't advice what this forum is about

I've seen something similar to this but with a 350 s.b. in a '88 civic hatch. All square tubing ( ? flat stock? ) frame and bags all the way around. It was like the whole "skin" ( like earlier stated ) was removed and attached to this fabbed up chassis. It had a 10 bolt solid rear/ front clip from an S-10. It wasn't finished but looked real promising. I'd say finding an old solid frame to shorten from something popular like the S-10, with all of it's suspension components intact, would prove to be more rewarding and easier to find parts for then trying to fab the hell out of the Civic or the S2000s' unibody. The frame idea would also keep you from worrying about the car driving true and straight for the simple fact that near-perfect suspension geometry is allready intact. All you would have to do is make sure your measurements are spot-on when hacking up the frame. The number of suspension mods you could perform to get the ride quality and look your after are near endless. The GM rear would easily handle the power of the F20 and is easily upgraded ( from welding spyders together all the way to a reputiable rear diff.). Drive shafts can be made to fit just about any engine to any diff. Installing the Civic's "body" if you will, could be accomplished by ' body dropping ' and channeling the floor to accomidate the now shortened frame. Though, this could mean having to rock a ridiculous looking cowl hood to accomidate for the decrease in engine to hood clearance. Of course I havn't taken into account the width of the S-10's running gear but, I'd assume playing with wheel offsets could MAYBE make up for this. I've owned an '03 S-10 and '93 Civic Hatch, seeing them parked side-by-side the two share a similar track width even though the body of the S-10 is much wider.
Any direction you choose, there is alot to consider about pulling this off and I hope you have the "resources" to do it. I'd love to see the finished product. Keep us updated.

P.S. > my "frame" idea would probably be pretty heavy. Weight+F20= Hernia^_^

Back