F22 build...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lamorgamor

I have owned a 1990 Honda Accord in the past it was my first car. Well its been about a year and I think I want to try with the Accord again so Im considering buying another one. First off Id like it to be fast but streetable, maybe running about a 14 or 14.5. Id like to know if its possible to get a good bit of power out of that motor without putting a hell of alot of money into it, and if so what kind of upgrades should I do to the motor. Please be as detailed as possible. Any info is appreciated.

Welcome to HondaSwap!

E beat me to it. ;)

If you're going for drag, a nice junkyard turbo setup can be put onto the F22 for not too much cash and still make really good power numbers.

thanks =] i think turboing it sounds pretty good, im sure i could pick up a good kit, problem is i dont know pretty much anything about turbo cars and tuning and preping the engine for the turbo. just trying to pick up every bit of info i can get.

f22 is a decent platform to get cheap reilable HP from. In stock form it has low compression and cast iron sleeves, both good for boost. There is a guy on here who had one.

Im selling a manifold, turbo and wastegate for that car cheap right now......GOOD parts, no Ebay shit!!!

Thanks for the info. I dont have the engine or car right now since i just got the money and im still looking for a good deal... but how much are you selling those parts for?

Back