F22 to H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what do u mean free hp? u mean cheap hp? whats too much boost without a lot of extra work?

i wouldnt go over 7psi on a stock motor and i mean free hp the turbo runs off exhaust so it dont take power from the motor to get it to work,but a supercharger does because its run by a belt it takes hp away wile making it

well if you take it to the honda delership it will be at least 1200 bucks

Uhhh...not trying to call you out or anything here, but where did you come up with that number?

Remember here, he's talking about going from an F22 to an H22. The Honda dealership where I live won't do anything besides replace a motor with the exact same motor, so most likely a Honda dealership won't even do this swap at all.

Assuming that they agree to do the swap, you're saying $1200 for labor, but then you add the cost of a motor and ecu (which if the Honda dealership sources it for you its gonna be damn expensive), and you're looking at significantly more money. Plus, installing an H22 into an F22-equipped Lude isn't a straight drop-in-and-go. Well, as far as mounting the motor it is, but you're gonna need a VTEC ecu and some re-wiring done to make it work.

I'm thinking that a Honda dealership isn't even gonna touch this one, and if, for some reason they do agree to do it, the labor's gonna be ridiculously high, certainly higher than $1200.

My advice would be to have the car shipped to you, and either pay a tuning shop to do it or do it yourself.

Uhhh...not trying to call you out or anything here, but where did you come up with that number?

Remember here, he's talking about going from an F22 to an H22. The Honda dealership where I live won't do anything besides replace a motor with the exact same motor, so most likely a Honda dealership won't even do this swap at all.

Assuming that they agree to do the swap, you're saying $1200 for labor, but then you add the cost of a motor and ecu (which if the Honda dealership sources it for you its gonna be damn expensive), and you're looking at significantly more money. Plus, installing an H22 into an F22-equipped Lude isn't a straight drop-in-and-go. Well, as far as mounting the motor it is, but you're gonna need a VTEC ecu and some re-wiring done to make it work.

I'm thinking that a Honda dealership isn't even gonna touch this one, and if, for some reason they do agree to do it, the labor's gonna be ridiculously high, certainly higher than $1200.

My advice would be to have the car shipped to you, and either pay a tuning shop to do it or do it yourself.

i agree they wont touch it i wouldnt think and i was just giving a ballpark guess price,

Yeah Honda wouldnt touch it, I had to go to a tuning shop b/c Honda wont use JDM parts. The shop is charging $700 for the labor but as for the parts I just got a pkg deal with the motor, ecu, tranny, wires and everything for $1950 through H-motors, pkg # is 30015 on their site. After rush shipping ($450), labor, and parts it totalled $3100 but they start on Monday so we'll see if there is any additional cost.

Back