Few new parts for the Civic.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
im looking to replace my rear speakers and door speakers as well in my 96, when you do the rears get back to me on how difficult it is and how long it took you and shit. if i read an article correctly, you need to remove the whole rear deak thingee... looks like a pain in the ass.

Yeah. we got as far as unbolting just a single part of the top rear deck. I just didn't feel like taking the rest of the car apart. You have to take the rear seats out so you can unbolt the side plastic pieces, which curve up to the door jam. and only then can you get to the rear deck mounts. I gave up on it since it was coming up on 8 pm and I had some friends coming over.

I was told that stock speaker sizes are 6.5" all the way around, and then I opened up my doors and they're 5 1/4", then we checked the rear deck speakers and they're 6x9s. But Crutchfield sent adaptor plates to put 6.5s in the rear.
wow. that's really gay. i've done 6x9's on accords, and all you have to do is let down the rear seat, then unscrew two screws on each speaker cover from inside the trunk, then you can get to the speakers and unbolt them.

last time i did it, i let my friend help. it took 30 min, and we spent 20 min looking for a screw he dropped.

I did the rear speakers on my 96 coupe, it was a pain in the ass. You need to remove the side plastic in the rear seat area, then remove the rear deck. Major PITA
...i just realized james already said all that... lol...

Back