Finally

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
w00t well after Slammed and I (mostly slammed with me trying his suggestions) figured out how to wire up my sub and amp, I got it working. Well it was working weakly...so I fucked with the gains today and it thumps pretty damn well. However I'm still going to get a bigger amp. :)

Anyway, this is in this forum cause I took some pics of the evolution of my new setup.

This is how it has been for the past few days...
s408ad22c641a4.jpg

Today I got up and went to DoIt Best store to get some screws and new female connectors along with some new diagonal cutters and some electrical tape. I then cleaned out my trunk and hid the wires as best as I could...
s408ad3123f7c2.jpg

PS: I took my fuse off the old wire and hooked it up to this one so yes, there is a fuse between my battery and amp.

I then grabbed the connectors and screws and came inside to mount my sub. I didn't strip the wood with one screw, and I got it tightend down pretty well.
s408ad306caa4b.jpg

I then took it back outside and hooked it up, turned the car to on and started messing with the gains...it sounds very good IMO. But a Bigger amp will make it sound badass...

anywhere here's the finished result in my trunk:
s408ad3298d9c5.jpg

Doesn't look to bad eh? I still need to hide that wire going from amp to sub though.

Whatcha think?

Deck: Kenwood KDC-3025 50x4
Amp: MTX 8302 75x2 (150w @ 2 ohm)
Sub: Audiobahn aw1000q 600w total power
accessories: D&B Sales wiring kit (10 gauge power wire)
Other: Kenwood KDC-C669 6 cd Changer

I thought about doing that. I might try when I get my new amp, but I might also get a different, lighter box as well...that sub/box combination has got to be a good 30 lbs.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Apr 24 2004, 03:58 PM
w00t well after Slammed and I (mostly slammed with me trying his suggestions) figured out how to wire up my sub and amp, I got it working.

If you need help wiring an amp and sub in....God help you and may he save your car from the butchering your gonna put it through!

10 gauge power wire is going to kill you- especially if you get a bigger amp. I have a 4 in the honda, and have a simple 75x4 sony amp. most thumper hommies run 2 and bling blingers go for 1/0

Originally posted by sloazcrx+Apr 24 2004, 04:36 PM-->
revolution8k
@Apr 24 2004, 03:58 PM
w00t well after Slammed and I (mostly slammed with me trying his suggestions) figured out how to wire up my sub and amp, I got it working.

If you need help wiring an amp and sub in....God help you and may he save your car from the butchering your gonna put it through!

um...right? who ever said *I* was going to do all the work on my car anyway?

Even if I did, I'd learn about it all before fucking with it.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Apr 24 2004, 10:00 PM
looks good. yeah you need a new amp. thats a small ass looking amp

Depends on the amp, mine is about 3/4 of an inch thick and about 1'x8" and roxors my 10 Polk :).

Originally posted by 90crxb18@Apr 24 2004, 04:17 PM
you should mount the amp to the side of the box, it would look more clean :)

:no:

that is called breifcasing, and makes it very easy for theives to jack your shit. they just pick it up, and run.

Looks good yo! If i were you, i would lock my trunck release inside the car. that way, if theives do decided that they want to raid your shit, its safe in the back

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Apr 25 2004, 08:59 PM
Looks good yo! If i were you, i would lock my trunck release inside the car. that way, if theives do decided that they want to raid your shit, its safe in the back

Thanks man. I should go do that...

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough+Apr 25 2004, 08:59 PM-->
@Apr 24 2004, 04:17 PM
you should mount the amp to the side of the box, it would look more clean :)

:no:

that is called breifcasing, and makes it very easy for theives to jack your shit. they just pick it up, and run.

not only that, but the vibrations can shake shit loose inside the amp. it needs to be isolated from the vibrations.

well guess i just learned something new today.. i had box with the amp mounted to it, i never had a problem for over a year. also i bolted the box down to the bottom of the trun so it couldn't be stolen very easily

Well, I just ordered my new amp. A friend of my manager at work has connections to a wholesale warehouse.

I got mahself a SPL2400 2 channel 400 w amp. I didn't pay a whole lot...

...lets put it this way, for what I paid for my sub I could have bought two of these amps. :D

:ph34r:

So Slammed, whenever you get the money let me know. I should have this new amp on Wednesday, so I could get shipping quotes and have it out as early as Friday for ya.

good work rev, i hope she fuggin pounds y0

How big is your box? I don't recall a 10 inch sub "pounding" in anything but a standard cab truck. But I do like the looks of that sub...

Back