Firestone Firehawk GTA 02

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludeconduct

I'm lookin to get a set of 205 50 16's for my 93 lude. Has anyone run the Firestone Firehawks? If so, how did you like them, how where they in rain, how was the wear? Thanks, J

What's so wrong with 450's?
That's what I have. Can't find much wrong.
That's also the only tire I've ever run...

K, what would you suggest for about the same price per tire ($80).

yokohama es100's are badass tires!! i can actually take 90 degree turns at 40 mph with out them slipping or squeeling..

SOL: Tires look great, but I need something to last also. I'm not going to be Auto Xing or anything, I just wanna look good on 16's and be able to "play" a little sometimes.

How do the es100's and the pirelli's perform in the wet?

Originally posted by khrisb@Aug 8 2003, 02:06 AM
What's so wrong with 450's?
That's what I have. Can't find much wrong.
That's also the only tire I've ever run...

those tires handle like an all season tire and wear like a performance tire (hey at least something resembles performance)

es 100's grip really well in teh rain, but i live in the desert so rain never gets to form a puddle before it dries up..

dont waist $$ on cheap tires, get proxes T1-S and u will never buy another tire again. my 1st set is half way through and im never again going to cheap out on tires.

not to rain on your parade or anything, but there are much better tires for half the cost of the t1s's

im putting es100's on my rotas when they come in 205 50 16's are 80 bucks a peice my cost and ive heard nothing buty good things about them

Originally posted by driver1@Aug 11 2003, 12:46 PM
im putting es100's on my rotas when they come in 205 50 16's are 80 bucks a peice my cost and ive heard nothing buty good things about them

they are putstanding tires. i have yet to hear my wheels even squeel due to loss of grip while turning. they have outstanding tread wear as well.

Back