First person view, bike crash.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You've watched too much "Akira". Do you actually ride ?

Once again ZERO of the reports or threads I've seen say anything about the honda hitting something in the road.

This video has been posted on like every bike board, Im sure someone other then Celerity would have seen something by now.

Quoted post[/post]]
Biker Catches Her Own Frightening Accident On Tape

Last Updated:
02-15-06 at 5:27PM

Dawn Champion has bumps, bruises and pain. But at this point, she thinks she has no broken bones following a crash she taped Friday with her helmet camera.

“When I first observed the smoke coming from his tires, I was watching him, trying to figure out what he was doing and where he was going to go,†she explained.

Dawn, who has logged over 200,000 miles on motorcycles, says her goal was to slip between the car that hit her and the one to her right.

It’s tough to hear on the tape, but the driver of the spinning car tries to blame Dawn for the crash. Little does he know at that point that she has the whole thing on tape.

“I’m very glad I had the camera,†she said.

New York Mike is arguably San Diego’s best known biker. News 8 showed him the video, and he supports Dawn’s split-second decision making.

“She did the best job she could… she made the best choice she could,†he said.

“You want to look at where you’re going, and you’re scanning way in front of you all the time,†he added.

We also showed the video to San Diego Police, who say helmet cameras are rare, but seeing this they can definitely see their value.

“It's a lot easier than going out in the roadway and trying to figure out what happened with the skid marks, which is generally what we have to do,†spokesperson Todd Sluss said.

Makes you wonder – does New York Mike want a video helmet?

“No, I don’t,†he said. “There's enough crazy things I do on motorcycles.â€

News story the local paper ran, still nothing about the car hitting anything other then the bike.

Even if she didn't have the camera on, how could they fault her when a Civic is sitting between two lanes perpendicular to them on a one way road?

Without that camera being there, the police would have to be the biggest dumbfucks ever if any blame of being at fault was put on her shoulders.

Quoted post[/post]]
Even if she didn't have the camera on, how could they fault her when a Civic is sitting between two lanes perpendicular to them on a one way road?

Without that camera being there, the police would have to be the biggest dumbfucks ever if any blame of being at fault was put on her shoulders.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. How would the cops fault her at all? The Civic was the one that almost drilled that other car, and I'm sure that his tire marks would clearly show he wasn't going in the right direction at the time of the accident.

Sport bikes are the bane of police forces everywhere. Because they can't identify the rider or the bike unless they are very good at identifying bike models. Which is tough.

Cops used to come to my group all the time "You guys see a white and blue bike around here?" "Uh... yeah... have 4 of them here."

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
It's simple....

cops hate sportbikes.

That's not true, cops dont mind sportbikes, they just hate the dickhead riders...

The cops hate you, I take it? :ph34r:

No, I've never once ran from a cop, I pull over show them all my legit papers and they tell me its almost never that a person on a sport bike has both insurance and a DL for bikes. then they tell me have a nice day.

On any givin summer day in Maryland you can see 6-7+ bikes doing 140-150MPH down the highways.
this isnt just a short trip they do runs from one end to the other.

I see it all the time. most people can't ride worth shit they can only go straight.

If you ever hang with them youl notice that they for the most part DO NOT have tags.

Like I said police dont hate sportbikes they hate the assholes riding them.

Celerity, look at civicous's picture or even watch the vid in slow motion its very clear its the CAR in <> CAR POOL LANE <>

to the person who said she could have fit in between the 2 cars. youre on drugs watch it again when your sober. i will gaurantee had you been in that situation you would have done the same or worse.

I see all those marks. I also think that my debris is between the <> and "LANE" or whatever the next marking on the road is.

Back