fluctuating TPS voltage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delcivic

just put on a new throttle body and I'm trying to recalibrate my TPS. backprobed the plug with a safety pin to get voltage. With the TPS tite, throttle plate closed, and key on my meter bounces like crazy between .525 and .395 never stops. If I use 200 instead of 2000 on my multimeter I get a fluctuation of .5 to .4 and WOT is anywhere between 4.1 & 5, also wont sit still. So my question, is this normal for the TPS or is mine shot? Also ive always had a flutuating idle but only like 100 rpm's not to dramatic, aswell as a slight spudder popping on deceleration (foot off pedal) below 3000 rpm's, and an inconsistant fluttering sound at steady rpm (half throttle cruising down interstate). Could the TPS cause all this?

<---In for the answer. I know what the voltages are supposed to be, but I dunno if they should be changin while the trottle position is constant.

So I figured it out myself Thanks! For future reference the TPS needs to be calibrated using the green wire in the sensor plug for ground. Chasis ground doesn't work!!! As soon as I did this correctly the voltage settled right in, and now it runs perfet with .457 idle and 4.4 WOT.

Back