Football Picks Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well...peyton helped pick through denver's defense...so i gotta give him credit there

err... well... Peyton and his offense had to make up for the Colts' Defense last night. I get scared when the Colts' defense is on the field, I honestly do. But I know the offense can make up for any deficit points.

Had to change my avatar... I'm going colts nuts this year.

LOL (@ Seany)

Ah well, I'm tired of this really... How about I buy you a beer B16? We'll just call this an agreement to disagree.
Fine with me but I don't drink beer:ph34r: Buy me a Mike's Hard Lemonade and were good;) I honestly think this whole thing was a misunderstanding more than anything else. But hey, it's all good.

*goes and grabs a Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade*

:toast: To James and Peyton :/toast:

:toast to Big Ben and uh... the guy known as B16 too : Don't get me wrong, I like the guy... I just feel bad for the Steelers this year. :(

Avatar noted. The Colts D SUCKS, im sorry but they do. They couldnt stop Stephen Hawking goin thru on his little chair. Their secondary is so-so, but thats another reason why Peyton is so good, because he can take his team who could only hold their opponents to 21 or fewer points in only two games and still get a W. Its kind of crazy. Dunno if they are superbowl caliber though, but they have time to improve and if they can do that well..... afc champs? ;)

and fuck tom brady.

wow 4 posts before i got one in... geez.

mikes hard? you must have a stomach of steel.

wow 4 posts before i got one in... geez.

mikes hard? you must have a stomach of steel.
Well if you say so lol I can't get beer down for the life of me, it taste like shit, seriously. I've tried so many times since everyone tells me it's an accuired(sp?) taste but I can't. It took me 30 minutes to drink one 12 oz bottle of Bud Light and that was while, after every drink, I was stuffing my face with Carne Asada. I can drink 7 Long Island Iced Tea's till I start to even get tipsy. I've never been drunk before though.

weird, im horrible with hard liquor, any hard liquor makes me feel like i wanna throw up after two shots... and if its jager or vodka, steer clear. but beer, i can drink A LOT of beer and not puke. strange..

Yeah, long time Giants fan. Please never associate me with Eagles fans... thats just mean. :D Also I've always liked and rooted for the Bengals just because they were so shitty, but have become quite a big fan since about 02 when Chad Johnson was starting, man nobody could/can touch him. THen ofcourse Palmer being from USC makes me like them even more.

I didnt know you were a Cowgirls fan, honestly thought you liked Seattle or the Bears for some reason..

I didnt know you were a Cowgirls fan, honestly thought you liked Seattle or the Bears for some reason..
lol fuck you... can't wait till the next Dallas-NY game so I can watch Romo whoop that ass:D the first game didn't count since he was rusty and had to come from behind:ph34r:

I've been a Cowboys fan since I watched my first football game... I was watching the Cowboys beat up on the Bills in the SuperBowl...so being a little boy, naturally I wanted the "blue" team to win lol they did and I've been stuck forever...

Avatar noted. The Colts D SUCKS, im sorry but they do. They couldnt stop Stephen Hawking goin thru on his little chair. Their secondary is so-so, but thats another reason why Peyton is so good, because he can take his team who could only hold their opponents to 21 or fewer points in only two games and still get a W. Its kind of crazy. Dunno if they are superbowl caliber though, but they have time to improve and if they can do that well..... afc champs? ;)

and fuck tom brady.

:( I hear ya. I'm sorry too. It wouldn't have been close if they coulda stopped Denvers Offense... I was literally short of breath and shaking everytime the Colts' D took the field yesterday.

I'm a Colts' fan, not only because I live here in Indiana, but it was the first pro football (and I think the only?) I've EVER seen in person at the dome. I remember being 8 and sitting up in the stands having a friggen blast with my dad.

I did always like the Bears growing up, but I gotta stick with my home-state team.

oh yeah...next week New England and Indy...fuck that is a hard one...

I'm still gonna pick the Colts. Give manning two minutes in the 4th quarter and he'll put the ball either in the endzone, or within range of Vinatieri's foot.

GRRRRR, i had to pick between philip rivers and tom brady for fantasy this week. i went with rivers because they were playing STL. they scored a shitload but not like brady. Damnit!!!

Man, i wish people would of gone in on the fantasy football!!

Bulger comes through... again. Plus having larry "huge" johnson doesnt hurt... 4 td's... 150+ yards...

LJ > LT thats right, i said it. Plus, the only LT is Lawrence Taylor, but im biased because he is my favorite player of all time.... even when smoking crack.

Man, i wish people would of gone in on the fantasy football!!

Bulger comes through... again. Plus having larry "huge" johnson doesnt hurt... 4 td's... 150+ yards...

LJ > LT thats right, i said it. Plus, the only LT is Lawrence Taylor, but im biased because he is my favorite player of all time.... even when smoking crack.

no way man. lt is the man. way more yards rushing, more receptions, and even threw 3 tds last year. lt is the man.

ummmmm if we're talkin yardage... take a look at LJ's numbers.

He started 9 (yes, nine) games last year... he still rushed for 1750 yards, 300 more than LT did and he started 16 games and Larry scored 20 times to LT's 18. Oh and recieving yards, LT edges him out by about 30 yards and one td. LJ ran for over 106 yards in 9 straight games last season, gee the only 9 games he started, and two of em were for over 200. His yards per reception were/are higher, and his yards per carry were higher... this year they have practically identical numbers.

Please dont say LT is way better if your basing it off stats. While LT can pass... how often does he do it? 4 times last year and 2 thus far... Id rather take LJ, but ofcourse its all preference when it comes down to it.

LJ is the future.... OH and i cant forget my man, Brandon Jacobs.

Last edited:
Back