Football Picks Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, that only beat Cincinn by two points.

Hell, next week I might be rooting for Cincinn. lol

and I'm 6-6 right now. :( 50-50 on my picks... damn.

there are a lot of games if you wanna talk choke...how about pittsburgh, philly, or houston.

there are a lot of games if you wanna talk choke...how about pittsburgh, philly, or houston.

Pitts... blah... have you guys realized yet that when Roethlisberger plays, the Steelers lose?

Who was it saying that Manning (Colts 7-0) is the choke artist and Roeth (Steelers 2-5) is still good now?

Pitts... blah... have you guys realized yet that when Roethlisberger plays, the Steelers lose?

Who was it saying that Manning (Colts 7-0) is the choke artist and Roeth (Steelers 2-5) is still good now?
<<<<<<manning fan

Dallas pulls off a big one tonight. They overcame that 14-0 deficit to win big...

Thank you Dallas!

shit...there goes my lead prollie...cuz my teams just didnt pull it out for me this time around...grrrrrrr

this is my worst week thus far...5-8 so far...grrrrrrr...New England better win to get me 6-8...ughhh

I was the only one to pick Oakland to win, haha. So far I'm
8-5 with monday night still to come.

The only reason I picked Oakland is because Big Ben got a concussion last week and I knew the Steelers were gonna play him. I really think they should put in the 2nd string qb for the remainder of the season. Their season is basically down the toilet, so why not?

b16racer was the one sayin it... :D
yeah it was me...and I still stand by it. I never brought Big Ben into the convo, someone else did and I just used the 2 as comparison. Anyway, so you are telling me that a QB who has had the highest passer rating, an awesome all around team, and who's team has been #1 in the league for the pass 2 years, going on a 3rd year, and still not win a superbowl isn't a choke artist? Well fuck me sideways, I have no clue what a choke artist is then.

Also, I am so fucking grateful Parcells decided to go with Tony Romo, i've been saying that since week 3. Fuck BledSlow, he holds on to the ball way too long. Mobility isn't that big a deal but they way the line was blocking for Bledsoe, I felt bad for the guy but that still doesn't change the fact that he held on to the football way too fucking long. Bledsoe had no confidence in any of his receivers to win a jump ball if they were in man to man coverage, he didn't even have confidence in Terry Glenn, who he has played with for like 8 years. I just hope Romo keeps it up along with the way the Line was blocking for Romo, they did 10 times better then they did for BledSlow.

Oh James, You agreed with me before...I knew it was you... https://hondaswap.com/members-lounge/nfl-playoffs-64083/2.html?highlight=Peyton

Click that and read post #84

Last edited:
I'm not talking about last season, tardcart. Last season the entire team (Indy, obviously) froze up and choked on the one game which cost them the superbowl. Pittsburgh got LUCKY the QB was still back to stop the guy running back "The Bus'" fumble.

This year, in 2006, you know... the SEASON THAT MATTERS RIGHT NOW, Roethli is holding his throat and throwing FOUR INTERCEPTIONS a fuckin' game.

NFL.com - Peyton Manning

NFL.com - Ben Roethlisberger

Compare the 2006 stats and tell me "Big Ben" is the superior QB.

Last edited:
Oh, I see B16 back in here... please, oh please tell me again how Roethli > Manning. PLEASE? I Beg you!

*goes back to watching NE killing Minnesota*

Fuck Maroney. Lets go Minnesota!!!!

(i only hate because all the NE fans up here think brady and the pats are gods... its sickening)

I'm not talking about last season, tardcart. Last season the entire team (Indy, obviously) froze up and choked on the one game which cost them the superbowl. Pittsburgh got LUCKY the QB was still back to stop the guy running back "The Bus'" fumble.

This year, in 2006, you know... the SEASON THAT MATTERS RIGHT NOW, Roethli is holding his throat and throwing FOUR INTERCEPTIONS a fuckin' game.

NFL.com - Peyton Manning

NFL.com - Ben Roethlisberger

Compare the 2006 stats and tell me "Big Ben" is the superior QB.
Well I have been talking about Manning being a choke artist period. Come this years play-offs, history tells me he'll repeat the same shit. I said Big Ben is the superior QB right now because he has a ring and he won it with a team that isn't as good as any of the last 3 season Indy teams. You seem to think that I said Ben is having a better season right now then Manning is lol Stevie Fucking Wonder could see that isn't true. Also, I was never initially the one who brought Ben into this arguement, someone else did, I think get_nick did, and I just compared him to Manning because he has his SuperBowl Ring and Manning doesn't. I never said anything about comparing the 2 players season stats, just their ring fingers. For instance, Tom Brady is having a great year also, not as good as Manning but I still think Brady is better than Manning at this point since he has 3 fingers that say so.

I could care less who has a ring. It's irrelevant. Ben is on the way to showing his teammates how to lose early so they can go golfing during the playoffs.

Tom Brady is damn good. He realy makes his wr's look good. He can take a mediocre WR and make him look like Torry Holt (exaggerated i know). I just dont like him, but ill give credit where credit is due... and he has won 3 Super Bowls..... god i hate him.

Based on pure qb ability i still think Peyton is better, that i haatteeee Tom Brady. ;)

Ben is on the way to showing his teammates how to lose early so they can go golfing during the playoffs.
I'll agree with that. He really needs to pul his head out his ass. I mean for fuck sake they lost to the Raiders. Pitts defense did their job, his receivers and Willie Parker made big plays, and he fucked up by throwing all those picks. I honestly think that in order for them to actually make the play-offs they need to win every game from here on out. Well they might be able to live with another loss, maybe 2, but that is it. 2 more losses and there season is done, period.

LOL (@ Seany)

Ah well, I'm tired of this really... How about I buy you a beer B16? We'll just call this an agreement to disagree.

Back