Football Picks Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol. seriously though. i feel like i am the minority in thinking that baltimore is gonna kill cinci.

Last edited:
I'm right there with you, reiko. (everytime I say that it sounds like reek-o).

haha

Chad Johnson is back yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bout time he and Palmer got their act together.

Winning isnt really based on your weekly averages... its who has the best record at the end.

Winning isnt really based on your weekly averages... its who has the best record at the end.
i wouldn't call him back yet....he had 2 amazing games, then he had a good game sunday. no td's though. i like him a lot, he's on my fantasy team. i think he's going to struggle against baltimore though.

no doubt, baltimore's d is just... well nothing short of impressive. They had a huge game against Pitt but at the same time... Pitt kinda sucks :p

I love chad johnson, primarily because he can talk shit and back it up... not like what plaxico did with the bears...

It's based on your overall averages as B explained... I've been roughly at the 50% mark for a while, but now I'm falling down further.

Just like getting all A+'s, then one F on one test that fucks your entire grade. It's hard to come back with all these nonsense last minute upset pulloffs.

Well honestly, i havent been keeping record of everyones weekly performance. In B's post he gives an example 50-50 = 50%... so you, for instance, 89-55 = 144. 89/144 = .618 is your average. You pick the right teams 61% of the time And if we were to declare a winner right now, you wouldnt be it because the person above you has a higher average. Atleast thats how i interpreted it.

Ask B. He's the one shellin out the money for it. But I havent been keeping track of everyones weekly progress because I thought it was just whoever has the best record at the end wins.. Maybe i fucked up...

That's what the post says, its based on the end of the season record. Its already enough work for you, so fuck it.

i tend to agree. the best average in the end will also be the person with the most wins, so it evens out really.

guys...the person with best average is going to have the best record and be in the number 1 spot...so ranking people with their W/L record is perfectly fine

I really think Cincy is gonna take B-more tomorrow. The last time they played, Cincy gave up the ball two times really early, which in turn caused them to lose. IIRC the Bengals only lost by 6 and they weren't doing nearly as good as they are now.

I really believe the Bengals will get one of the Wild Card spots in the AFC for the play-offs.

i just thought of something. we need to amend the "rules". we have all been playing where you have to pick ALL of the games. but technically you only have to pick a the guaranteed winners. so you could go 8-0 every week and not pick any of the tough games. then you have the best average. we need to include a stipulation that you must pick all the games and not the overall average.

yeah, but you guys keep talking about win %. we must add the stipulation that you have to pick ALL games. i think it's a minor loophole that we missed but we all assumed that you had to pick them.

its not a 0, its a 1. Its a loss, from what i think ive seen.

what i meant was its a 0 in the win column...not a 0 altogether...my fault for not clarifying that...

and nick...how would it be fair if you only got to pick whichever games you wanted...then people would pick all the easy ones...it makes for more competition when people pick all of them and have to make the tough choices between the teams in difficult games...it would be a pointless competition if you could pick whatever games you wanted to

Back