Football Picks Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

man if I didn't try to be go for a make it or break it on week 17, I had two sets of picks one was off the wall looking for upsets , the other was a more safe traditional pick I'd have 143 wins right now. guess there's always next year

isnt it top 5 now?... why are the others still posting picks??
I posted that the others can still do picks, like a consolation playoff for no money and no real meaning... just for fun. I figured the rest of us would still want to make picks, so why not? Even if someone in the consolation playoff beats anyone in the real playoff... it wont matter. Plus, its not like any of them are close enough, nor is there enough games left, to actually cause anything.

I picked New England over SD because Belichik(sp?) is the best coach, by far, in the league right now and his ability to come up with a winning game plan is bar-none. However, I want SD to win, I just think that NE will pull out this upset...

I only picked the charges because thats who i want to win, well that and they have an explosive offense plus their pass rush isn't too shabby ;) But you're right.. part of me thinks that New England will win because Bill and Ted.. err Tom are a devastating duo.

What are peoples superbowl predictions? pre and post wild card weekend?

My pre was chargers and saints at about week 15, cant really have a post without seeing either play lol.

Mid Season: Indy vs Chicago

Post Wild-Card
I'm thinking it's going to be between these three:
chargers or baltimore
vs
chicago

look at these stats
Chargers.....PF 492 PA 303
Patriots.......PF 385 PA 237

Baltimore ...PF 353 PA 201
Indy ............PF 427 PA 360

chicago.......PF 427 PA 255
seatle..........PF 335 PA 341

philly...........PF 398 PA 328
N.O. ............PF 413 PA 322

even though the Pats by stats have a better defense than the Chargers and they are playing the Chargers at home, the Chargers can make up for it with the offense.

Blatimore has the lowest stat for points allowed. with a stella defense they should be able to hold there own against Indy, although Indy is playing at home, I still think Baltimore can beat them. Indy has been impressive with coming out with the win but thay can't last forever.

I just don't see seatle taking chicago, they beat dallas by luck.

Philly /N.O. is a tough call, they are matched up pretty well as far as stats go, and it seems they've been able to pull themselves together rather well considering losing Mcnabb this season (I know he should be able to come back this week but why screw around with the lineup now)
N.O has a slight edge but , and they are at home and they are usually tough to beat at home.

Baltimore VS Baltimore tomorrow at 4:30 EST!!!!

oh wait thats right the colts moved.....

I'm not sure who I want to win this game tomorrow.

Rex fucking blows. He sucked last year too, well he was coming off of injury.. but still, he is the most inconsistant qb in the nfl today, and dont worry Eli is right behind him lol

They have said that if Rex isn't performing, the back up will come in.. i think its still Greise. Hell, ill even take Orton over Rex when it comes down to it.

D. Jackson is back for this game, hopefully he'll have an impact. he wasnt healthy for the dallas game which really limits their wr's since they really only have one play maker (sorry nate burleson, live up to the expectations then people MIGHT start to worry about you..) I picked chicago to lose because well, i dont have faith in Rex and i dont think Hester will be there to save him again.

That was a fairly evenly matched game. Interceptions, fumbles and the like.

Vinatieri for the win! 5/5 with one HELL of a lucky kick from the 51.

i could very well be knocked outta the lead after both of those games.. :thumbsdown: .. or maybe tied for 1st still... we'll see

I think that it's a 3 way tie for first right now. lol

you, me, and get nick all picked the same two games for tomorrow.

eg6:
L - Baltimore
L - Philly.. GO EAGLES!!
Chicago
SD

140-88 -> 140-90

Me:
W - Indianapolis
W - New Orleans
Chicago
San Diego

138-90 -> 140-90

getnick:
L - Baltimore
W - New Orleans
Chicago
San Diego

139-89 -> 140-90

A three way tie leading to the superbowl perhaps?!? Will B only put up 33 bucks to each of us if that happened? :eek:

Fuck... well you just ruined my saturday... ass.

lol

COMON GUYS!!! Indy vs Chicago at the superbowl!!! I've wanted this to happen since the beginning of the season. The two previously undefeated teams (7-0 and 9-0) need to go!!

Back