Ford F150 recall 1.2mil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fine, you win. Everyone everywhere will hold onto their junked Accords because it's so rare and valuable that no one would ever be able to find one. Now, go to your local junkyard and find me 10 Bentleys. Oh that's right, you won't.

nowhere in there did i say that the accord is rare, and i did not reference its value with the exception of comparing it to a Bentley. epic argument lol

Reading > you

I specifically said Ford has made advancements over the past couple of years. I haven't specifically ridden in 08-11 models of all comparable vehicles from Ford and Honda. I have ridden in a few from each, but not enough to compare complete manufacturer lines.

I still contend that the majority (ie more than 50%) of Fords from the 70's to early 2000's are lesser in overall quality when compared to the majority of Honda/Toyota/even Chevrolet vehicles in comparable class and trim.

*This is my opinion. I have neither the will nor desire to back this up with any factual findings.

That doesn't mean it's worth a damn penny to anyone else. Bentley, Rolls Royce... not throw away cars, Honda Accord, throw away car.
You and I have differing opinions of what a "throw away" car is.

Honda Accord is a throw away car because there is a point where it goes from opinion to fact saying that the car is fuxord. Front end wiped clean off? Time for the crusher. Sure if it has body damage or rust, you could transplant the motor, but what's the point if you can buy a new one on Craigslist for 500 bucks? F22? Excellent motor. Probably my favorite motor. But any unibody chassis really is a throw away. Not because they're a dime a dozen, but there comes a point where you'd be building an entire car to make a wrecked piece of junk into an unwrecked piece of junk.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Accord. Great car. It's not the dime a dozen factor, it's the fact that it's made to drive the piss out of, either it dies, and you get a new one, or you die, and it gets a new owner.
If the front end gets "wiped clean off" just about any car, you'd be better off not repairing it.

I take "front end" to mean everything forward of the a-pillar.

Klyph and Pope, one of you needs a Nazi comment. Then you will have hit for the interwebz is serious business cycle.

my first truck was a 79 150 with a 302 that ran on 6 cylinders. the new fords will not do that thats why i said fords suck ass.if you look back all manufacturers have had at least 1 problem in the past its all up to the fucking media what we see o yea dont forget our wonderful government

Last edited:
nowhere in there did i say that the accord is rare, and i did not reference its value with the exception of comparing it to a Bentley. epic argument lol

I know you didn't. I did. I referenced the Bentley to prove to you that an Accord is a throw away car. I see no Bentleys in my local junkyard. People will repair it. Fucked Accord? Time for a new one! They'll throw it away. Hence, it's a throw-away fucking car. I don't see why people are so adament about defending the reliability of an Accord when that never was the point I was ever trying to make...

I know you didn't. I did. I referenced the Bentley to prove to you that an Accord is a throw away car. I see no Bentleys in my local junkyard. People will repair it. Fucked Accord? Time for a new one! They'll throw it away. Hence, it's a throw-away fucking car. I don't see why people are so adament about defending the reliability of an Accord when that never was the point I was ever trying to make...

wad.jpg

lol alrighty then! i suppose they are "throw-away" cars, and so are bentleys. because if i smashed a bentley through a brick wall at 140mph id crush that bitch too. so bentleys are throw-away cars.

I dont know of any car that would survive hitting anything at 140mph...

No, I'm pretty sure I got your point. Just tired of arguing against people who think a cheap, plentiful car isn't a throw away car.

It's not it's level of plentifulness, or price, it's the ability for it to be rebuilt. I mean sure, anything can be rebuilt. You can sink tens of thousands of dollars into the 79 Civic that's been on fire, and in the junk yard for 20 years. But these cars are designed to be driven until they bite the big one, then turned into soup cans and you get a new car. I guess price and rarity play a part in it that determines, "Is this worth fixing?"

You don't want to exceed the value of a replacement car in reparations to the current vehicle. Also ease of working needs to be factored in. I'll preach up and down that pretty much any unibody is a throwaway. Designed so that if the frame gets a hole in it, it's time for scrap. You can't transplant to a new frame. You have to transplant to a new car. That'd be like saying you restored your 72 Chevelle by taking the motor out of the current car and putting it in one that's in better shape. It's not the same car if you just put the same motor in.

72 Chevelle: Frame has a hole in it? Good thing the body comes off!

92 Accord: Frame has a hole in it? Better scrap that bitch!

When I first said "throw-away" car, I wasn't talking about a car that's been wrecked. I was talking about a car that rattles, leaks oil and coolant, and overall rides like shit after 100,000 miles. Basically, a car that is no longer desired within 10-50,000 miles of the warranty expiring.

Jesus christ guys, we get it, everyone seems to have a different view on what a "throw away" vehicle is. You are beating a dead horse, and arguing just to hear your own voice. Give it up, shit, there's no need to keep this "who has the better definition" crap going. Fuck...

Back to the OP, It does make them look back when this big of a recall happens, but I will give Ford some credit, a 305HP v6 that makes 31 mpg, and a 425HP v8 that makes 27? That's some pretty good engineering coming from this auto maker. Shit happens, and with that scale of auto making, something is bound to go wrong every once and a while, no machine or human is 100% perfect.

Back