forged out b18a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxfreak

I was looking back at those stroker kits and they did have the one for the b18a to make it into a 2.0 liter all forged out...i was thinking on getting medium cams and rebuild mt head with bigger valves port and polish and get some springs and retainers and guides that are made so i can do 8000rpm with non vtec so i can get a better top speed... does this sound like a good set up??

walbro fuel pump
Aem fuel rail from 99 si
bigger injectors(350-450cc??)
Aem intake
Aem accessorie pulleys
Unorthodox crank pulley
medium cams
Skunk 2 intake manifold
Jg edelbrock 64mm throttle body
MSD ignition and distributor
Iradium spark plugs
port and polish
2.0 crower stroker kit(forged)
Race valves & springs
stainless valve guides
B16 tranny with double plate act clutch
I should be shootin out some pretty good hp and torque with that and be able to hit the higher rpms when i want to that is i mean for all i know i might make better hp just going to like 6500 or 7000k rpms...around stock...i shift at 6k anyway...but head work i can raise redline(well after i work on the ecu too that is)....Good?? OK???? No???

headwork is key.

the LS head flows like shit. get theat thing breathing, give it a cam profile that makes power to 8000+ (crower 403's) and some valve train to hold it in, and you are well on your way.

Again, I really think you are wasting your time with the stroker kit- if you have 2 grand, I say sleeve the bottom end, and bore it to 84mm, thus making it a 2L, but also bumping up compression a lot.

yea i was just thinking more of that people have said, "oh the b18a bottom end cant take 8000 rpms" and the stroker kit was like 200 bucks off the price of the forged b18 kit so i figured why not do the stroker kit for 200 more and u get it all forged too...yea i dont want too high profile cause im in cali gotta stay smog legal but i found a pretty nice one great mid to high....or i can just keep my car goin at like 6500-7300 rpms and just do the cam that has good low and mid...

Back