from the "it's not racisim if you're not white" files

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think what people don't understand is that racism is still alive because BOTH white and black separate one another in their heads whether you want to recognize it or not. Its not like civil rights suddenly made everyone equal in their minds, that takes time and shit like this doesn't help the situation.

When people understand that time will blur racial lines and stop all this BS then we'll all be truly equal.

The fact that we talk about race creates a divide. Look at the Surpreme Court selection, a lot of people want to see a Black Asain Lesbian Transgender justice to be appointed. Why? Because only then will there be equilty. Never mind Rice and Powell, who both held posts that in some ways permiate the world than the presidency.

The fact that we talk about race creates a divide. Look at the Surpreme Court selection, a lot of people want to see a Black Asain Lesbian Transgender justice to be appointed. Why? Because only then will there be equilty. Never mind Rice and Powell, who both held posts that in some ways permiate the world than the presidency.

Maybe if they just focused on the most qualified person then we would have equality..., I dunno that's just me...

^ I agree, quotas are BS made because we can't get race/religion/gender/etc out of our heads.

Posting this from home, and now I'm not going to open this thread anymore at work (other threads say who I work for if you're curious, and don't mention them in this thread plsthx)... But we're pressured to do business with vendors who are minority owned (of any kind... race, gender, etc). Unofficially, even if they're more expensive or less qualified. It's not technically a quota; we won't kick out a current vendor, but it's a definite pressure when looking for new vendors to deal with.

Last edited:
Posting this from home, and now I'm not going to open this thread anymore at work (other threads say who I work for if you're curious, and don't mention them in this thread plsthx)... But we're pressured to do business with vendors who are minority owned (of any kind... race, gender, etc). Unofficially, even if they're more expensive or less qualified. It's not technically a quota; we won't kick out a current vendor, but it's a definite pressure when looking for new vendors to deal with.

Well... that's not biased in any sort of way

I believe in merit-based EVERYTHING. Affirmative action sucks, especially weird stuff like this. As a minority though, I applaud their efforts- I just think that it's a step in the wrong direction. Race should NOT matter.

Fuck it. I'm starting a "buy yellow" movement. Oh right, there still aren't enough of us here... but we do own quite a few Walgreens.

:D

I believe in merit-based EVERYTHING. Affirmative action sucks, especially weird stuff like this. As a minority though, I applaud their efforts- I just think that it's a step in the wrong direction. Race should NOT matter.

Fuck it. I'm starting a "buy yellow" movement. Oh right, there still aren't enough of us here... but we do own quite a few Walgreens.

:D

buy yellow would never work, you know how expensive produce is at convenience stores? :ph34r:

BAHAHAHA, luv ya man

Maybe if they just focused on the most qualified person then we would have equality..., I dunno that's just me...

I should have used my sarcasm tags in my previous post. I agree with this completely.

Cause you don't see race right? :p

Well that comment was meant as humorous, but no I do not.

Regardless of the situation, assigning value to people based on the level of melatonin in their skin is ridiculous. It doesn't matter if it's light skinned people discriminating against dark skinned people or dark skinned people only doing business with other dark skinned people; that sort of conduct is racism by definition.

In the case of the couple who are the subject of the article, saying you are doing it based on the past history of race relations is nothing more than an admission that you a perpetuating the cycle of racism.

If you want to be proud of something, be proud of something that you have accomplished. Being proud of something you were born as is one of the higher forms of ignorance.

:werd:

Although I AM proud of my culture, but that's completely different than being proud of your race just because you were born a certain color. More and more mixed people are popping up every day too. :)

^ Eventually we'll all end up brown!! :ph34r:

Well that comment was meant as humorous, but no I do not.

Regardless of the situation, assigning value to people based on the level of melatonin in their skin is ridiculous. It doesn't matter if it's light skinned people discriminating against dark skinned people or dark skinned people only doing business with other dark skinned people; that sort of conduct is racism by definition.

In the case of the couple who are the subject of the article, saying you are doing it based on the past history of race relations is nothing more than an admission that you a perpetuating the cycle of racism.

If you want to be proud of something, be proud of something that you have accomplished. Being proud of something you were born as is one of the higher forms of ignorance.

Totally agree, I was just joking.

I shop yellow, but I'm white...does that make me a bad colored person?

I can't wait till they have rainbow shops...then TurboMirage will be happy.

Back