Front Clips

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Elementdog

Whats going on...just wondering if you guys have any recomendations for companies to get a front clip from...Looking for a JDM integra type R front clip...websites would be cool if you can help me out. Thanks for the help

be weary of that place , I heard it took them a year and a half to deliver a clip.

http://www.jdmtheory.com/
Thats Acutech Autos in South San Francisco, Ca. Niki Tam, the owner, is a state certified smog referee and a brake and lamp referee. Hes been importing whole cars, clips, and parts for a long time now and hes the one who i get all my parts from. its mainly a word of mouth place around here and they've been doing a damn good job, but now hes going more main stream and launched his website. I'd trust him over any other shop for anything.

I heard it took them a year and a half to deliver a clip

yeah fuckin right...
I heard the world was going to end to.
Flashoptions has great prices and my front clip only took 25 days i think.

if you are looking to do a front end conversion ... you most likely will not get what you want from a front clip
yes all the parts will be there but more likely than not they will be fucked up (scratched, dented, etc)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Mar 8 2004, 11:17 AM
if you are looking to do a front end conversion ... you most likely will not get what you want from a front clip
yes all the parts will be there but more likely than not they will be fucked up (scratched, dented, etc)

Very true, most clips are sold for the express purpose of having everything nescessary for a complete engine swap, but whats funny is you still can't use hte wiring harness. If you're lucky you can get a complete dash too, but most of the time they have been stripped of clusters, button, steering wheels, etc.. and since a lot of them are from wrecks they aredicked up with cracked lights. Most place that sell the conversions get a hold of good clips and pull the motors and sell them seperate, since the cost of a clip is usually less than both a swap and a conversion.

well im using it for the swap plus right hand conversion...but im not using the dash...im making my own (i work at a custom shop)...and im only using the headlights out of the body panels...im just looking for a good clip that will give me the powerplant and steering assembly. Obviously i want the wiring harness to work, I dont care about the cluster or any thing with the dash.

yeah, don't do a right hand drive conversion.

you have NO idea what you are getting yoruself into.

and if you are able to pull it off, your car, will, well, suck. good luck.

why do u say it will suck?...and i know i can do it...(i do custom paint)and my boss's brother is a fabricator at a racing fabrication shop, and is going to assist me. But anyway why not do it?

think about it kid...you are going to have to look over the passenger side window just to make a left turn...you wont be able to go through any drive thrus...you are going to have to learn to shift with your left hand and smoke with your right...it will just suck...dont do it, because its not cool at all.

While I do not condone RHD conversion for the express purpose of having a "cool" car, I will say that doing it the right way, is not hard. Basically remove everything from both engine bay, drill out all the tack welds on the RHD and LHD remove firewalls, swap them, and re tack RHD to LHD chassis, now use all RHD parts to reassemble new RHD car.

If you do this, and then come here and show it off, don't expect many to care. Just a forewarning.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 15 2004, 05:47 AM
If you do this, and then come here and show it off, don't expect many to care. Just a forewarning.

:werd:

yea thats cool with me, im not doing it for u guys...im doing it b/c i want it, thats the reason i hook up my car...isnt that the reason you do it to? for yourself?

Originally posted by Elementdog@Mar 15 2004, 01:57 PM
yea thats cool with me, im not doing it for u guys...im doing it b/c i want it, thats the reason i hook up my car...isnt that the reason you do it to? for yourself?

:thumbsup:
Finally, someone :)

Back