Fun, fun, fun.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
krav maga > guns

The fuck it does! You are going to tell me that you can defeat someone with a gun. Bruce Lee said himself, "don't ever try to fight an opponent holding a gun."

Guns>taekwondo/krav maga/kung fu/knives/nunchuks or any other shit you see on Ninja Turtles or UFC

Quoted post[/post]]
It's all gang related but violence doesn't discriminate and someone's bound to start shooting soon.

Fuck you guys. I use to work in this mall. I have many friends who still work there. My office I work in now is about 150 yards away. This shit isn't funny at all. It's fucked up. No joking about it. This wasn't even gangbanger shit. just some stupid fucker who didn't have anything better to do. And anybody who gets off on the sight of this type of violence is a fucking idiot in my book.

Tacoma mall shooting. 6 wounded. This shit really happens

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
krav maga > guns

The fuck it does! You are going to tell me that you can defeat someone with a gun. Bruce Lee said himself, "don't ever try to fight an opponent holding a gun."

Guns>taekwondo/krav maga/kung fu/knives/nunchuks or any other shit you see on Ninja Turtles or UFC

lol, go pull a gun on any krav maga student and i garauntee you that you will be handed an assbeating.

they train specifically for personal confrontations involving guns and knives. its the official style of the israeli special forces and is world renowned for its effectiveness.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
krav maga > guns

lol, go pull a gun on any krav maga student and i garauntee you that you will be handed an assbeating.

they train specifically for personal confrontations involving guns and knives. its the official style of the israeli special forces and is world renowned for its effectiveness.

i'm not dumb enough to just pull out a gun on somebody up close. if they are going to fight, they won't wait. you don't have time to pull a gun. but if a krav maga master is staring down a barrell of a gun held by somebody with nothing to lose, the krav maga master will just let it go. and if he doesn't, he damn well should. and who cares about the israeli special forces? when was the last time they were involved in a ground conflict that needed to use that stuff. they have an air force for a reason. our special forces in the u.s. have training to. but whatever. guns still own all.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
krav maga > guns

if your serious about self defense then thats the shit. traditional kung fu is just pretty shit that people dont take seriously these days. its more of an art form or show off style. there are so many more rounded and better ways to train yourself nowadays. for the self awareness and discipline and mentality of it its just as good as anything else, but in practical street fighting situations its just not practical.

any sort of jiu jitsu would be good for practical self defense, or if you could find any generic "mma" gyms in your area then that would be the best.

Even Tae Kwon Do can be brutally effective with the right martial artist and instructor. Though, true, most people do take Kung Fu for the pretty aspect. I knew a kid in school who was a second degree black belt in TKD and got his ass handed to him by a street fighter and I've heard countless stories about that happening. That's what I like about my art, function before form. Most of our techniques look really pretty just because of how they're performed but they're brutally effective when performed correctly and with the proper spirit. That's what I really like about traditional arts over ring sports or KM. KM's a bad-ass fucking art but you pretty much have to be a bad-ass to be in it too because you get your ass kicked during every session. It also doesn't put mind, body, and soul together like a traditional art. For someone looking to heal themselves, that's a great thing.

Defintely look around at a lot of different schools and styles to find the one that suits you the best.

Quoted post[/post]]
if someone rolled up on me with a gun, yea, i'd give em what they want, but anything else, and i'm fighting.

I go to school in downtown San Diego, and my school is righton the border of where it starts to get ghetto, so we see some crazy shit. i seriously never go out there without 2 knives. sounds dumb but a lot of stories i've heard about the muggings and stuff down here, they will always shoot or stab you anyways, after they get everything. so knowing that, i feel like, its me or him, whos going to go down first?

its funny, because like blanco was saying above, i always am alert. i really started doing that after getting out of boot camp. now i can be talking to someone, but my eyes will be scanning around me while we are wa,king somewhere or whatever. people get all wierd about it sometimes. thye're just just like "what are you doing" or they start looking where i'm looking, thinking there's something going on.

That's pretty much exactly how I look at it. Those kind of robberies are fairly popular up here, though we're still not anywhere near as bad as SoCal.

No doubt. I don't care if I'm the only car in an empty parking lot, I'm looking around. And like you said, some people are just like "dude, what's your problem?". Whatever. :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
krav maga > guns

Quoted post[/post]]
It's all gang related but violence doesn't discriminate and someone's bound to start shooting soon.

Fuck you guys. I use to work in this mall. I have many friends who still work there. My office I work in now is about 150 yards away. This shit isn't funny at all. It's fucked up. No joking about it. This wasn't even gangbanger shit. just some stupid fucker who didn't have anything better to do. And anybody who gets off on the sight of this type of violence is a fucking idiot in my book.

Tacoma mall shooting. 6 wounded. This shit really happens

You should actually look into the art before start talking shit about it. It has nothing to do with stopping the guy 10 feet away and everything to do with stopping the person right in your face. Look at it this way, it's the official art of the Israeli Army. Think they see real world combat on a regular basis? You bet your sweet ass they do.

Yeah? On May 1, 1992, my freshman year, Eric Houston walked into the C building of Lindhurst High School in Olivehurst California and killed four people point blank with a 12 guage (only two died instantly, the other two bled to death), wounded 14 more, and held around a hundred hosteges for eight hours. He was mad about getting an F in Civics and not graduating five years earlier. The Ricky Schroeder movie Detention: The Siege at Johnson High was based on this event. Don't try to tell me anything about what really happens, please and thank you. I'm quite aware that shit like this happens. Call me a sick fuck but I laugh at motherfuckers who bring violence upon themselves by thugging and gangbanging. You live by the gun and you'll die by the gun...or knife in this case. I didn't say shit about laughing at innocent people so you can step right off with that.

edit:
A few more stories to add. Two blocks away from where I used to live, a door was kicked in and both people inside the house were killed with a 12 guage shotgun. Payback for a deal gone wrong and I used to hang out with the shooter when I was 13. Two blocks the other way, a convience store was robbed and the cashier and one customer killed execution style for about $50. My junior year in high school, a very popular kid from the cross town rival high school was stabbed and killed in front of McDick's. A friend of a friend was racing in his modded '99 Si, he won and the dudes in the other car fired five shots at him. And I've told my personal stories enough. Yeah man, I know this shit happens because I actually grew up around this kind of violence. It doesn't shock me because I'm jaded. Violence was almost everday life when I was growing up.

thats the same way it was growing up in Central Cali. gangs are everywhere up there. It's hard for me to even say fuck them, let em kill themselves, because i grew up with them. i lived on the ghetto side of town for a while, and went to junior high and high school with guys that were all in gangs. You can't even always say that they chose that life. they are just a product of their environment, and it sucks.

one reason i am glad i grew up that way though, is that if i EVER need backup for any shit, its there.

i almost got in a fight right before graduation back in high school. i told this guy lets go off campus, and he didn't want to, he knew he'd get his ass beat. so then like 3 of hiw friends all get in my face at once and are about to start shoving me. i was by myself. out of nowhere, one of the guys i went `to junior high with, and hadn't talked to too much in HS, ran up with a whole group and basically that if they wanted to start shit then it was all of westside on their ass. these guys starting shit with me were fuckin rich white kids that had always been sheltered. haha , lets just say they didn't say shit when i went after the guy i had problems with.

yea so i don't think gangs are cool, or whatever. thats just how it was where i grew up

And I bet you're a pro and have experience in cutting people from ear to ear.

Fucking cool man. Cool.

i dunno if this guy had a gun this one time...but a friend of mine was gettin robbed by someone...and he pulled out his wallet...only to drop it purposely...so the robber was an idiot and went straight down to pick it up...and my friend kicked him in the face...then kicked him a few more times while he was down...and picked his wallet up and he ran to his truck and hauled ass out of there...

jesus crist monkey balls! damn guys i see you had you share of violent crimes. See me, i f ihad to live in fear of where i am, i would move thats it end of story,i'm not going to wait and pray that it doesnt happen to me. Some may say''ohh it happens everywhere in the world'' fuck that. If getting shot stabbed,getting you neck cut off happens frequently in my town i would get the fuck gone. There's shit that happen here too but damn! Not to the point where people just do it in front of public. sorry you guys gota live like that and i hope nothing happend to you either. Me.......i would be gone!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]i'm not dumb enough to just pull out a gun on somebody up close. if they are going to fight, they won't wait. you don't have time to pull a gun. but if a krav maga master is staring down a barrell of a gun held by somebody with nothing to lose, the krav maga master will just let it go. and if he doesn't, he damn well should. and who cares about the israeli special forces? when was the last time they were involved in a ground conflict that needed to use that stuff. they have an air force for a reason. our special forces in the u.s. have training to. but whatever. guns still own all.

This reply shows a lack of real world experience. You'd be really surprised at how guickly guns come out of waistbands. It might also surprise you to know that the vast majority of gun battles happen within six feet.

And you really should at least Google KM before you say anything else about it. You might want to do some research on the conflict that's been raging in Israel for decades. I have an internet friend who's actually serving his time in their army right now. They're involved in a ground conflict almost constantly.

i didn't say anything about gunbattles. but whatever. sucks that you grew up in the ghetto and had to experience that shit. but i still choose a gun over any martial arts. period.

well...the way i see it...when its my time to go...then its my time to go...i dont live in fear at all...

Quoted post[/post]]
Easier said than done, though I am working on it. Would you believe that I actually feel comfortable in this environment?

much respect to you.I'm not scared to say that you've got more balls than me for living there. Also i feel your pain on not beig able to move away asap. YES guns>martial arts ANYDAY! you can't do shit with the kung fuy if he's standin 5ft away. I dont own a gun, i choose not to fight. I just dont like those situations. But when it comes to the safety of my family, fiance and some friends......i'm knocking someone out period. that is if they dont have a gun. I may lose but i'm gonna try my hardest to at least leave a pemanet mark.The only excuse for me to kill someone is because they killed a family member. and that includes my Nicole. period.

I'm not a fighter.............. i'm a fucker :ph34r:

growing up in that environment sucks. Blancos area sounds damn similar to my hometown too. i'm glad i moved out when i did because its only gotten worse. its in the middle of the main gang territories. so you have sureno and norteno gangs mixing there, and you know where that stupid shit leads. drive bys, stabbings, all that shit

SD not that bad. but of course there are parts where you know not to go. here by school its kind of ghetto, but i just don't go outside at night unless i have to. the part of SD where i live is pretty good. all residential quiet neighborhoods.

LA, now thats a different story, i don't think i'd ever live in that shithole

yea chula vista is kind of shitty, but its getting a little better. and thats south anyways. all the good shit in SD isn't close to chula vista, so no worries.

the weather here has been shitty lately. it will get nice out when i am stuck at school, then when i get a chance to go to the beach, its cloudy. lol WTF? i ended up going today though. just took my skimboard out. i've been at school since wednsday, only coming home to shower and sleep a couple hours everyday. i was so burnt on school today i was like F this, i'm headed to the beach.

You love gangs. You can't get enough of them. You love everything about them, you wish you were in one. Or all of them. You crave droopy pants and marking tattoos like a rapper craves a bullet to the head.

Just an observation.

Love love love love love LOVE LOVE lovelovelovelovelove droopy britches on negros.

You'll read my posts to the end. You'll do it because you can't stand me and you can't wait to see what I type next.

I've got you pinned.

Quoted post[/post]]
Love love love love love LOVE LOVE lovelovelovelovelove droopy britches on negros.

You'll read my posts to the end. You'll do it because you can't stand me and you can't wait to see what I type next.

I've got you pinned.
:laugh: what an ass, but thats funny. you sound like the part in Private Parts, where they say why people listen to Howard

and Blanco, i know this weather is ghey. atleast we arent on the shitty east coast though, haha.
hit me up if you are headed down this way.

''ohh shit its Wayne Brady!''

Wayne Brady: ''Brace yo self fooo.''(gunshots fired at Ashy Larry)

-Chappelle Show

sorry guys i just got reminded of that show . lol

Back