Funny Miss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceburner

i used a new post so people wouldnt have to search for my question..ok i installed that igniter and it ran fine and still is but sometimes goes back to missin alittle tach doesnt jump or anything just go half throttle and it will stop but heres the kick in the ass..when i reset my computer it quits and doesnt miss all day..but then will go back to alittle miss nothen too big just have to take it half throttle to make it quit..could my ecu be goin bad or could it be my throttle sensor???

a low rpm miss could be related to a vacuum leak causing a lean misfire. check all vac lines and look all over manifold for open holes and also spray carb cleaner or starting fluid around head to check intake gasket. If engine reves you have a bad gasket.

Check your coil, when mine went it boggged/missed a few times then the next night it just died, replaced coil good as new.....

take the cap off and take sand paper to all the points. give them a good sanding, put everything back together and see if that works.

Originally posted by simplyfast@Dec 20 2003, 05:32 PM
take the cap off and take sand paper to all the points. give them a good sanding, put everything back together and see if that works.

use fine grit(bout +500, i personally use 2000).

Back