Gas Gauge Only Showing Half-full

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok heres the deal, when I first got my teg, I installed indiglo gauges, big mistake. Ever since, my gas gauge has only half worked. When I fill the car up, it goes to half full. I know that when its on E, I actually have a half tank of gas. Now I've tried a bunch of different things to get it to go back to normal, but nothing seems to work, any Ideas on whats goin on, what I did wrong?

im sorta having the same problem...my gas gauge sorta will randomly drop by like 1/4 tank at a time...i just use my trip odometer and just will up at around like 180 miles or so...its not that much of a hassle for me but do i still have to take it to a pro shop u think?

you dont HAVE to fix it, if your caught speeding by a one time, they'll make you replace it. if you know how fast your going, how much gas you got, or how hot your car is running then you dont really need to fix anything. its just if u want to have the convenience of workig needles, then fork up the cash

sorry, they'll only make u replace it if your speedo is not working properly and they catch u, tach isnt important if its off. the gas as important. temp is pretty important though. sorry i didnt quite specify that very well

I had the same problem and it's mainly because none of the indiglo makers know how to make these things fit properly. If I were you I would fill up the tank and before driving very far I would pull out the gauges and completely unplug them from the car and gently move the gas needle to the full position. Then plug everything back up and it should work fine. Let me know if that fixes it.

i tried this......still didnt work........i think I need my gas needle recalibrated............no biggie tho.......i know how much gas ive got in it at given time, just a nusience.

Yeah, putting white face/ indiglo gauges on are a big mistake. I put them on a Civic I used to have and my gas gauge always showed that I was on empty. I tried to fix it numerous times, but I couldn't. I am pretty sure that any Honda dealership can fix it. Sorry about the bad luck.

I really don't know if this would help but I installed the indiglo on the dash and the same thing happened, the gas gauge would not work after like a week I disconected the ECU( of course took off the neg. on the batery etc..) and then when I conected everything back I put the key in waited for the ECU to reprogram and bingo it worked I have no clue as to If it was the ECU or just the batery did the trip buy hey :) it's worth the try... :D .

Originally posted by onetyme_sam@Jun 10 2003, 10:57 PM
the needles need to be recalibrated. you can take it to a local professional shop and get it fixed

:withstupid: :werd: and no, its not the gauges fault that you messed it up. you just have to know what your doing when putting them on. i put on my reverse glow gauges fine.

Back