gay problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88ZC4dr

Rundown.

88 civic DOHC ZC 5spd.
it wasnt running right for a while, then it seemed to be doing fine so i ventured beyond the driveway. i got about 100 feet and noticed it didnt have any power. then about after 1/4 of a mile it started blowing hard white/grey smoke out of the back, and then stalled. it wouldnt start back up, then i towed it back home, it would start, fire for about 2 seconds, then die again. i went to work, and came back home, changed the oil and now it will crank and crank until the battery dies. it will fire once and a while while it is cranking, but wont turn over.and just to add in the car lost about an 1/8th of a tank on a 1/4 mile drive. i can also smell gas when around the car :eek: any suggestions? btw the distributor, plugs, and wires have all been replaced recently.

Last edited:
I dont know about the gas smell but it sounds like you blew a head gasket and theres probably water in your engine.

whats the chances you gave the injectors 12v constant?
1/8 tank in 1/4 mile is not good

start with a compression test, if compression is low then do a leak down test to find out what part of the motor you destroyed...

Back