getting a new hatch tomorrow.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would say about the same, as the B16 power band is in the Higher RPM vs the LS... I'd say maybe .5 Diffrance if that 0-60 and 0-100

But ya, alot of LS will be quicker than mine, im using a stock 1 1/4in CX exhaust to a tip lol... Poor LS

Ya... I've had both, both are good motor's and take alot to break... Very good sound building block imo. I just like B18 better do to there are more of them were I live.. Finding a good B16 with out a blown bottom end is next to impossible lol

That black Civic has a rusted bolt on everything under the hood! Its one of the few times I am happy to live in CA.

That black Civic has a rusted bolt on everything under the hood! Its one of the few times I am happy to live in CA.
I'd say its a small price to pay for the freedoms we still get to enjoy. Even smaller thanks to
pb%20blaster.jpg

:D

i also have had a LS motor and b16a in the same chassis, and the b16a is quicker for sure, but probably mostly due to gearing. the thing is, at least in my opinion, that the b16a is much more fun to drive. the sharp vtec crossover and high revs are just more fun.

PB Blaster is the shit. Ive used it so much for so long that when I was living in Chicago and had to do some work on the Si the smell while using it made me miss home. Thats pretty bad. haha

I'm hoping to have it by the end of the month. Going to try and take the motor out this weekend. And begin on the wire tuck. And battery relocation.

^ Serious wiring work eh? Going for the gusto! Wiring takes time and patience - do it right for sure. Solder all connections and use heat shrink. Crimp and solder all the splices and use heat shrink tubing. If you haven't done it before I can assist you and will be glad to.

Not suggesting you don't know what you're doing by any means, but will advise you to go the extra yard and do it right or you could be chasing problems forever. Do it right, and you only have to do it once. :)

You going to freshen up the motor before it goes in? Looks like you've already done a swap or two.

Last edited:
I will definetly take time on the wiring. One reason why I am pulling the motor already. And the motor is fresh as hell already. I actually helped my buddy clean and change timing belt water pump and oilpump with all new gaskets and seals when he got it. About 4 months ago. But in that time he has had a kid and his Crx just won't cut it so he's parting it out and I'm buying the complete swap.

But on the side note if u willing to come from texas to help I'm game for it lol. Or.hell fb give me a number to call if I ever get into a problem.

I will definetly take time on the wiring. One reason why I am pulling the motor already. And the motor is fresh as hell already. I actually helped my buddy clean and change timing belt water pump and oilpump with all new gaskets and seals when he got it. About 4 months ago. But in that time he has had a kid and his Crx just won't cut it so he's parting it out and I'm buying the complete swap.

But on the side note if u willing to come from texas to help I'm game for it lol. Or.hell fb give me a number to call if I ever get into a problem.
I have some good "How to" pictures that will help for sure. PM me any time for a phone number and we can talk.

I get to enjoy my fair share of freedoms with my hatch :ph34r: but Honda swap laws suck in CA......if and when you get caught.
That really sux. When I took mine for State Inspection I asked the technician, he said in Texas they don't care - just as long as the car passes the basic safety inspection to include brakes, tires, lights, windows and such and passes emissions. They don't care what's under the hood. Which is really how it outta be.

Back