getting a new hatch tomorrow.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

At idle, my old D16A6 with a cracked exhaust valve and about a 1/8" pie section missing from the valve had ~70# in the #3 cylinder.

Definitely time to tell that one bye bye....

Too bad your buddy changed his mind on selling you the swap, cuz it get's expensive fast buying all the parts and nit noids.

Last edited:
lol. yep im getting this other motor from my buddy when he did his swap. for really cheap. i need more of a good dd then a toy so that is what this is going to.

dont hate me but it is a cheap budget so it is getting a full ebay exhaust. lowering on springs.
maybe cheap camber kit. not sure yet.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. eBay has plenty of decent stuff for good prices, ya just have to know what you're buying and look at the feedback they have as it applies to the parts you are buying.

I bought a DNA Motoring 4-2-1 stainless header on eBay and got it for $99 shipped and then scored an OBX 2 1/2" stainless catback for $154 shipped. The OBX was missing about $25 worth of mounting hardware - no problem there. Nice exhaust system and the total was just over $200 for everything, it all fit well and has been on the car since June 2010. Also picked up a couple of DNA Motoring dual row aluminum radiators that are decent quality at a good price.

You get what you pay for.

I got this set of Drop Engineering engine mounts for $100 plus $30 shipping on eBay from some kind of clearance deal. Couldn't even replace them with OEM or other aftermarket stock mounts for that. And these are some very robust mounts.

Motor%20Mounts%202.jpg

Fit was on the money. They list for ~$300.

Last edited:
Damn, doing that sort of stuff outside must be tough. I'm pampered and have always had a shop. Lol

Lookin' good :thumbsup:

Agree'd shop is always nice, and damn u raped its eyes out... your Bas**rd haha. j/k looking good! :)

Yea I have a small shop I'm going to pull it into when I pull the.motor. outside for the rest tho. Right now each piece is only on with two bolts for mocking up.

lol... think you should ditch the hood pins total :) what im doing lol

Nice buddie, u give him a cup of water to swim in??? and why not pull both at the same time?

ok got stock motor in. runs great. put coilovers on. camber kit on. alignment set.
ebay exhaust sitting at house ready to go on. front end is set up with new light and hood. hood painted with chalkboard paint. emissions coming. one cel light. will figure it out tomorrow.

407806_2562486217668_1119450048_31934952_2125735947_n.jpg

431687_2562482737581_1119450048_31934950_243530146_n.jpg

Back