Good synthetic oil?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dman1100

Whats the best synthetic oil that i should use in my d16 with 54,000 miles? What kind of filter should i use? I don't want to start a heated debate about synthetic vs. dino though, i just want an answer so i can change it. and can i get the drain plug seal from any parts store?

haha. i know but i wanna go to sleep but i want to go and buy the stuff tomorrow so i can get it out of the way.

redline is like $8 - 8.50 a qt i think?
and syergen is about $6 a qt.
redline would be my first choice, but it is the most expensive

The local honda dealership is where I would get the drain seal.

motul, that is mad skrilla scratch yo!

mobil 1.

i run it in my boosted sohc, and my buddy who has a gsr swap (boosted also) in his ek just tried it a few weeks ago and he swears that his turbo spools up quicker with mobil 1.

I have never burned oil, until I switched to synthedic, and within 2k miles, I had burned a half quart. Next time, I am going to just run a good Dino oil.

As for whats the best synthedic,

Ams
Redline
Mobil 1 blue cap

As for using honda filters. Bah, hell no, the USDM honda filters are just rebadged fram. Also, I only run Synthedic designed filters for synthedic oils. The media is alot smaller to trap the smaller debris that synthedic oils catch. Without one, your basicly skipping out on 50% of why synthedic is better. When you run a Mobil 1 filter with dyno oil, the media is gets cloged alot faster and kills oil pressure.

Edit* Also, never use synthedic/dino blends. On the label, they do not say what the percentages is so they could be running 99% dino oil and 1% synthedic, but charge you $2-3 more then a good Dino oil.

ya run lucas with castrol lucas make the syn last way longer and work hella good we all us it up here in our 4x4 and those engine take a fucking beating

Back