Google Voice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I bugged one of the google engineers who is detailed to my office for an invite, and I got it last week. I don't know wtf I'm going to use GV for now... :(

Got my invite yesterday and set it all up. Not sure how much good it will do me as there is no dialer support for the Pre yet aside from rooting it and jacking around with the OEM dialer.

If your sitting at your computer, just use the "call" feature. It dials whatever number you want and call's the phone of your choice after the call has been started.... i use this a lot. Since i do all my work from my desk, its a pain to switch from comp to phone in order to dial.

I didn't know about the pc dialing. Thanks for the tip. Sadly its blocked at work here but at home that will come in handy.

PC dialing rocks at work. That's fuckin' awesome.

I just found my use for it. Now I can get people on the record by hitting 6 to record them. <3

PC dialing rocks at work. That's fuckin' awesome.

I just found my use for it. Now I can get people on the record by hitting 6 to record them. <3

Word.

Its nice to do everything directly from one interface. Send text, call some1, read your vm.

k. So I got my invite. There are NO NUMBERS AVAILABLE. Doesn't matter what I enter, it just says, sorry you're fucked. Is this some glitch or have all the numbers seriously been used. I mean all the Alaskan zip codes can't be used up already, the shit's not even out of beta.

I just got a voicemail from an angry client. The curse words used by this individual were not correctly displayed by google voice. Good thing its still in beta.

Due to the nature of my work I would rather not. I can tell you that the word (or adjective, in my case) "asshole" was transcribed at "phone call".

Seriously, how do I find out an available number, it doesn't matter what I type, It won't find an available number. It asks for a phrase to search for, but i could care less what it is, I just want any random number. How do I get it to just assign the next available number?

Ok, so they don't have any numbers for any Alaska zip codes or the area code. Weak fuckin sauce.

Ok, so they don't have any numbers for any Alaska zip codes or the area code. Weak fuckin sauce.

Just get a NYC, LA, Miami number. Trick people into thinking you live in one of the leftist capitals of America.

Screw that. Lemme know when they make it to the 907.

Back