got mah new laptop today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
in the IT spirit i usually upgrade every 6 months. this time i waited 1 year, 3 months, and 4 days to get my new machine.

hp probook 4720s
intel i7 2.67GHZ quad core
8GB ram
hd radeon 1GB video w/hdmi
500gb 7200rpm hdd
- 1202 shipped next day
7 enterprise 64 bit
office enterprise 2010
cs5 master collection with acrobat 10
windows experience index of a 5.0 but that will change since i have not updated it when i installed the extra 4gb ram.

upgraded from the 4210s ---
intel c2d 2.53ghz dualcore
4gb ram
hd radeon 512mb video w/ hdmi
500gb 7200rpm hdd

can i get a yum yum? :)

going to hold onto it for awhile.... rent it out to clients who need something "OH MY GOD GREEN ORB CAN YOU HELP ME MY SYSTEM DIED DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING WE CAN RENT?!?!?!?"

Probook 4720s... replacement video card 2 weeks old. hooray for ATI you POS and thank you toshiba for the erroneous hard drive.

i hope haji on the other end in HP tech support of the line understand that there are no hard feelings that hes doing a job an american should for 1/4 the cost and im treating him like shit
smile.gif

the computer told me the hard drive was going bad. how plain as day is that? noooo you want to treat me like i dont know how to use a calculator, and you want to run a bunch of different tests and waste my time that is money, when your own fucking technology is telling me to call warranty repair - tied to my god damn 3 year warranty. and the LAPTOP KNOWS THIS SHIT! so fuck you and send me my replacement parts!

smile.gif

i was fucking pissed!

this entire phonecall would have been avoided if my zones rep was in today.

suprised you chose HP over Dell
i havent had good experiences with HP for a while, except they make one hell of a printer

do u guy know what do i have to do to put a laptop to my car any ideas ?????????????????????????????????????;?

I don't like HP my parents have been through 3 in the past couple years.. I have a Toshiba Satellite A665 best laptop I have ever seen. I even had my mom get one for my dad for christmas since his HP is crapping out he's a Electrical Engineer and does a lot of Auto Cad. I haven't had a problem and i've been using this thing for 6 months with no problems...

well the video card is plug-in and being replaced and the HDD was made by toshiba :shrug2:

for the time being i grabbed my data off the hard drive and done deal. i'll start over again tomorrow with my new parts.

Yeah I think Toshiba is making mostly all HDD's for most of all laptops

Seagate is pretty popular. I've had a 320gb external from them for several years and no problems so far *knock on wood*

damn that sucks, less than 1 month old. also, intel releasing sandy bridge this week, so that might sting a little.

anyway, thank god most of the companies ive been dealing with are moving tech support back over here, except after 5pm calls... hopefully it pans out for you. maybe get a free upgrade or some shit since its been less than a month.

ps seagate is the biggest hdd maker in the world. most of their stuff is solid but ive been getting WD as of late.

Back