gravity hill

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Not comfortable... just accustomed. It's been happening less frequently anyway.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 2 2004, 04:41 PM
but I also believe that there is a dimension, or plane aside from ours - one where these shadow beings dwell

I believe the same thing. I believe that spirits are always around us in their own dimension. I think that most people's eyes and mind cannot process this dimension. That is some messed up stuff man. I wish you still had the footage, but obviously someone didn't want you to show the world. Definitely some creepy stuff.

yall are hopped up on crack cokaine to believe this shit

Just because you can't understand, doesn't mean you can say things like that. Have you had any paranormal experiences? No, you say? Then please refrain from asshat comments. Thanks

We have a "gravity Hill" here in eastern CT. Its a steep uphill road, that if you put your car in neutral, your car will pull uphill...

There is also 2 haunted roads. 1 road, there is a house on... Supposedly a woman who was accused of being a witch back a long time ago, was lynched inside of the house, and her spirit still roams around. Its an old wives tale to go driving down the road and stop... Well some buddies of mine decided to try it... So they get this chick's brand new car and head up to the road on halloween night... Its about 10:30... They drive down this road where the house was (it had fallen down over the years), and were slowly driving down the road. This was in a 2001 Toyota Camry... Was 5 months old. They slowed down to almost a stop, when the car DIES. Like all of a sudden, TOTALLY DIES. There are no streetlights, no NOTHING. So they are trying to start the car, but get nothing... They then heard footsteps... Everybody was flipping out bigtime... Then all of a sudden, they here the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard... They are trying to get the car to start, but they have NO ELECTRICAL POWER AT ALL! So finally, my buddy panicks, smacks the dashboard, and the car starts itself up, the headlights come on, and they burn tire out of there as fast as they can.

I see them all about 1 1/2 hours later, and they are all white as ghosts... I asked what happened, and they told me... I was like YEAH WHATEVER... I then proceeded to look at the back of the car, and saw that somebody had dragged their fingernails down the trunk... Only, their fingernails were so sharp, it DUG THROUGH THE PAINT. They hadn't seen it yet, and the chick who's car it was TOTALLY FUCKING FLIPPED OUT. She got rid of the car 2 weeks later because she was afraid it was cursed.

I have never been to that road, and WILL never go to that road.. .

I'll post the other story in a bit...

Which reminds me... i'm going camping this weekend... I need some good campfire stories... Got any?

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Aug 5 2004, 12:15 PM
Which reminds me... i'm going camping this weekend... I need some good campfire stories... Got any?
[post=372971]Quoted post[/post]​

Have you even READ this thread... :lol:

Well kinda interesting stories here. Unfortunately with my background I will call BS on most of this thread. **

BEFORE you get all butt hurt let me also explain something.

Faith - Leads us to the belief in God. Does God exist? Well that’s a question of faith. If your belief in the supernatural, paranormal, spiritual, or demonic world is strong enough, you can have your mind manifest whatever it needs to confirm your belief.

Your mind also has a habit (actually pre-wired) to look for patterns. This is the reason so many people find Jesus or the Virgin Mary in taco shells and Tortillas.
Why does the human mind look for patterns? Well it is an evolutionary trait that allows us to predict events. Having the ability to predict when the next rain will come, or when the river will flood allows us to improve our ability to survive.

The human mind has a hard time accepting what it confirms as real to actually be false. Just like the human mind has an impossible time finding (and honestly accepting) flaws within its own logic. This is why people are always better at giving advice, then following the same advice for themselves. Before you throw a 2-second remark on this, let it digest for a minute.

Example: (This is not intended as a re-telling of any post prior to this)

If you intentionally go into an environment that has a stigma conveyed about it:
"Ok guys we are going to this haunted dorm room"

If you intentionally go into the environment trying to sustain the emotional hook that has made the place popular:
"Ok guys we need to go at midnight, and it has to be a full moon. Not just any full moon, but one that follows the first Monday of any month."

If you talk about the experiences or lore of the place prior to reaching your destination, therefore re-confirming what might be expected:
"They said there is a freshmen who committed suicide because he found out his mother and father where really each others sister and brother. He killed both of them and brought their bodies back to his dorm. He set the bodies on fire and threw himself into the inferno. His ghost still roams the halls of the abandoned dorm, and the room where he committed suicide has become a gate to hell."

Now mix in the excitement / unsettled fear of possibly seeing something and voila! You will have yourself an experience of some kind.

Simple reasoning, no shame, just understand your mind will work against you sometimes.

"I once saw the image of Jesus in the smoke from my bong."

Let me throw water on that one right now - I'd never had any paranormal experience before the incident, and I didn't believe it. My experience has made me a believer though.

So in these stories, the powerful brainwaves created by people's minds turned off cars, scratched them, turned off flashlights, cellphones, killed batteries, etc?

If you assume the recounts are true, then it would be impossible for the mind to control those things (as far as science knows).

BWAHAHAHAHAH you tard.....

Ok, first, I really dont think it matters if you want to say bullshit to what has been posted here. I know that from the things that have happened to me and the friends I have been with, that there are several unexplainable (as far as science goes) things that exist.

Second, since I made my last post on this thread I have returned to that graveyard.. with the same friend. this time during the day... it was noon, 90 degrees and 100% humidity.... we get out of our cars and both start sweating A LOT... we walk into the yard and literally seconds later a wind starts blowing... clouds from the south (that were not there before) appear and start to cover the sun... the temp drops at least 30 degrees almost instantly ... ( it was like being caught in a cold front that came out of no where)... anyway, so we are both sweating a lot and the wind starts makin me cold.. so I run back to my car and grab my sweatshirt. ... I stopped sweating and kind of warmed up, but the temp kept droping... we walk back into the graveyard again and look around... nothing happened and we didnt see anything. we decided to leave... start walking away and hear a tree fall... or what sounded like it back in the woods.... DEAD FUCKING SPRINT OUT OF THERE! I will never return to that yard again... I know that something Is there and is looking in on it... someone or something is burried there that might explain stuff... but I dont really want to find out.

ya, that is my xbox gamer tag :)

Well apparently some people read my post and actually didn't take the time to think about what I said. Let me try to clarify.

""So in these stories, the powerful brainwaves created by people's minds turned off cars, scratched them, turned off flashlights, cellphones, killed batteries, etc?

If you assume the recounts are true, then it would be impossible for the mind to control those things (as far as science knows).""

I never stated that the mind caused anything to happen. What I did say is that your mind tricked you into assuming the correlation between the events exist. Or the events where exaggerated in the re-telling of the event with no fault to the original posters.

Why? This is the question most people never get around to asking themselves about any event that has happened. Unless of course it is a negative experience that you do not wish to happen again.

So why does this happen?
Well it is very simple. Your mind is not in your control. To clarify what this exactly says let me give you some things to chew on.

The average person only uses 6% - 9% of their brain powa through their entire lifetime. So why does the brain have the capacity to function at a much higher level? There is the why question. Obviously with a quick glance or thought you could confirm that everything in your body has a purpose. The human body is not keen on having things that really do not have a purpose. With the ability to evaluate biology as it is today there is only 1 exception. The spleen. Why oh why would the human body produce a sack of poison in a healthy body? So this still leaves us with the extra tissue (Grey matter) that we posses.

Well what most of the studies today point to is that extra matter is in use. Every second of every day that you exist your brain on a non-cognitive level is using it. So what is it doing? It is analyzing and problem solving, planning, and scheduling, building, and broadening your understanding of your environment. It is quite frankly what has given us the ability to stay ahead of the curve in regards to evolution. Higher thought processes like creativity, music, art, and so on begin and end their cycle right in this spot. It allows us to gaze at the stars and wonder, or associate loosing a girlfriend into a feeling of being lonely. By the way. You are not truly lonely, you just have a natural need to reproduce and the loss of a partner triggers a response in your mind. That response causes varying levels of chemicals to be produced between receptors in your brain. The feeling you get has been classified into a word that society has called loneliness. So honestly loneliness is nothing more than "Omg now who am I gonna knock up?"

Not to digress, but you will find this funny. Ever wonder why men like breasts so much? Here is the theory:

If we could jump into Mr. Peabody's time machine to a time when humans as we know walked on all fours, or simply glided like chimps and apes of today. We would see that the reproductive organs of the female are associated with their rear end. Since they too would be gliding (the act of swinging the arms back and forth, coming into contact with the ground only for balance or as needed) their posterior would be up and exposed for us to view. This is obviously the bulls-eye for our target. So back in the day the bigger rump got more hump. We were drawn to it. As we evolved and started to walk upright, the posterior of females became less in view. Of course our need to reproduce continued and new queues began to manifest them. Basically it went from rump to chest.

Can you control this desire? Well if your gay some would argue you can. However the vast majority of men can not.

So what does all that crap I just typed exactly mean? You do not control as much of your decisions as you would like to think. You are driven by an organ that is in complete control of you. Your cognitive mind controls the actions of the body; your non-cognitive mind controls the reasons why you take those actions.

So either you can digest what I just said and actually begin to evaluate how you perceive things that are happening all around you, or you can just blow it off as BS and live your life like a happy drone thinking you are in control. Don't believe me try stopping your heart right now by simply giving the command to do so. It can't be done.

"" I know that from the things that have happened to me and the friends I have been with, that there are several unexplainable (as far as science goes) things that exist.""

Well name a few. I will see if I can help you understand them a little more. (Science) is a set of laws we devised (cognitively) that allow us to organize the universe. Your brain could give a rat's butt about your science. As far as it is concerned it states the laws, not some textbook. We look for patterns that are repeatable, as stated in my previous post. This is what science is all about. Taking these patterns and their ability to be repeated allowed us to come up with some truly amazing things. Things to make our lives better or worse depending on what side of the stick you are standing.

Now since this is getting very long let me evaluate the confirmed paranormal experience that was posted since mylast post.

""Second, since I made my last post on this thread I have returned to that graveyard.. with the same friend."

Ok so you are going back to a place where your mind has already made you believe that something had happened before. So now you will be even more receptive to things and will of course quickly classify them to be relevant to your belief.

"this time during the day... it was noon, 90 degrees and 100% humidity.... we get out of our cars and both start sweating A LOT... "

Nothing yet, other than 90 degrees and 100% humidty will make you sweat.

we walk into the yard and literally seconds later a wind starts blowing... clouds from the south (that were not there before) appear and start to cover the sun... the temp drops at least 30 degrees almost instantly ... ( it was like being caught in a cold front that came out of no where)...

Ok here we go. I just want to clarify what you have typed. It is noon. Clouds form in the south and spread within a matter of seconds all the way across the sky to the sun positioned at its zenith over head? What state / time / date did this happen. I would like to see the Doppler radar for the county this happened in. It actually is something that can easily be done by county for any day of the year.

"anyway, so we are both sweating a lot and the wind starts makin me cold.. so I run back to my car and grab my sweatshirt. ... I stopped sweating and kind of warmed up, but the temp kept droping... we walk back into the graveyard again and look around... nothing happened and we didnt see anything."

Other than the supposed weather posted above nothing to weird yet. I will hold my comments on the temp thing once you tell me what state this took place in, what county exactly, the time as well.

"we decided to leave... start walking away and hear a tree fall... or what sounded like it back in the woods...."

OMFG a tree fell. Holy crap!!! And what? You associated it with......... well? Oh a paranormal experience. God knows trees can't fall without a paranormal experience.

"DEAD FUCKING SPRINT OUT OF THERE! I will never return to that yard again... I know that something Is there and is looking in on it... someone or something is burried there that might explain stuff... but I dont really want to find out.""

And again you have confirmed to yourself the events that mislead you to think there was a paranormal experience only further assuring another such occurrence if you should ever go back.

Last thought of the day:

Ever read the bible. This has nothing to do with God or proof of his existence. Ever read the bible and see the passages that re-tell the story of Jesus? You know the countless blind / sick / dumb / plagued / or possessed? Look it up and see what he says.

Short version:

Dude: "Thank you Jesus for healing me"

Jesus: "it was not I who healed you, but your faith in the lord our God"

Smoke it, as you like!

No dispute, you beleive in what your mind tells you. This usally works.

Except for LSD

Originally posted by MiguelDelFuego@Aug 6 2004, 04:09 PM
No dispute, you beleive in what your mind tells you. This usally works.

Except for LSD
[post=373500]Quoted post[/post]​

:D
dont pay any attention to the purple elephants playing twister on ur ceiling, and NEVER take a bite of their pastrami sandwich

Back