Greatest band thread.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Led Zeppelin - 14 SAVE
Beastie Boys - 4
Green Day - 2 KILL
Iron Maiden - 6
Presidents of the United Stated of America - 4

Best Bands:
Metallica

U2 - 5 NEW
Beastie Boys - 4
Green Day - 2
Iron Maiden - 6
Presidents of the United Stated of America - 3 KILL

Best Bands:
Led Zeppelin
Metallica

U2 - 5
Beastie Boys - 5 Save
Green Day - 1 Kill .. doesnt deserve to sit next to the Beasties
Iron Maiden - 6
Presidents of the United Stated of America - 3

Best Bands:
Led Zeppelin
Metallica

U2 - 4 Kill
Beastie Boys - 5
Journey - 5 NEW
Iron Maiden - 6
Presidents of the United Stated of America - 3

Best Bands:
Led Zeppelin
Metallica

i'm not big on 'em. i couldn't think of anything else. none of the shit i listen to is mainstream enough to ever make a top list, so why bother?

U2 - 4 Kill
Beastie Boys - 5
Journey - 6 SAVE...don't stop...belieeeeeving....:D
Iron Maiden - 6
Presidents of the United Stated of America - 2 KILL :sniper: though I do like Lump. haha

Fuck this. I'd kill them all if I could. Except maybe Iron Maiden. I was gonna put the Distillers up instead of Green Day, but you have to have a particular kind of taste for them.

If "Michael Jackson" could count as a band, I'd put him up there. After all, we need to *sings* Heal the wooooooooooooorld, make it a better place...for you and for me and the entire Cyberspace...there are...people complaining...that some of these bands really su-uuuuck...make a better place...here in Cyberspace....EVERYBODY NOW! :D

U2 - 5 SAVE
Beastie Boys - 5
Journey - 6
Iron Maiden - 6
Presidents of the United Stated of America - 1 KILL

Last edited:
Fuck this thread. I'm already frustrated as shit. Metallica? One of the best bands ever? Green Day the two chord wonders? We are talking about the best bands of ALL TIME. This isn't the HS favorite bands consensus thread. I'm boycotting this bullshittery.

Yeah, but how do we define "the greatest bands of all time" though? Record sales? Number of albums released? Number of top singles? Number or years they've been around?

Ultimately it's just gonna come down to people's opinions and preferences, and therefore end up as a "what's popular" type of thing rather then having any consideration given to actual musical talent or quality... :shrug2:

Last edited:
U2 - 6
Beastie Boys - 5
Journey - 6
Iron Maiden - 6 SAVE
KISS - 4 KILL

U2 - 6
Beastie Boys - 7
Journey - 6
Iron Maiden - 7
KISS - 1 KILL

U2 - 6
Beastie Boys - 7
Journey - 6
Iron Maiden - 8 SAVE
Janes Addcition - 5 *NEW*

Best Bands:
Metallica

U2 - 6
Beastie Boys - 6 KILL (just not that big on the beasties...)
Journey - 7 SAVE
Iron Maiden - 8
Janes Addcition - 5

Best Bands:
Led Zeppelin
Metallica

U2 - 6
Beastie Boys - 7 SAVE
Journey - 7
Iron Maiden - 7 KILL :sniper:
Janes Addcition - 5

Fuck this. I'd kill them all if I could. Except maybe Iron Maiden. I was gonna put the Distillers up instead of Green Day, but you have to have a particular kind of taste for them.

There you go. Maiden ftw! Maiden still draws sell out crowds everywhere they go. Epic Metal. Maiden should definitely be on the top list.

Yeah, but how do we define "the greatest bands of all time" though? Record sales? Number of albums released? Number of top singles? Number or years they've been around?

Ultimately it's just gonna come down to people's opinions and preferences, and therefore end up as a "what's popular" type of thing rather then having any consideration given to actual musical talent or quality... :shrug2:

Not so much. I like Led Zeppelin but they are not one of my favorites. I can agree though that tey are one of the greatest bands of all time based on all the things you mentioned: musicianship, sales, influence, etc. Clearly Metallica also qualifies, even though there is much better thrash metal. Similarly, everyone is killing off KISS but they are equally epic. HUGE. The KISS army is huge. They sell out the world over. Perhaps I misunderstood the point of this thread. If it is just our top 5 favorite bands I wouldn't vote for any of these, like B said.

Back