Gt28rs vs. t3/t4 on b18b?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Looking to turbo my civic swap with a b18b. I was researching a little and found most to reccomend a gt28rs turbo, or a t3/t4 hybrid. But my question is for my 250whp goals probably using hondata or crome, will the gt28rs get me there?

Also what trim and A/R should I be looking at for either application?

as usual the best bang for your buck on a b16a is going to be a t3/t4 57 trim .60 compressor .63 exhaust housing. way cheaper than a gt series and your good to 400whp with it.

Quoted post[/post]]
as usual the best bang for your buck on a b16a is going to be a t3/t4 57 trim .60 compressor .63 exhaust housing. way cheaper than a gt series and your good to 400whp with it.

I have a b18b, not the b16

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I have a b18b, not the b16

Also i heard that the gt spools up REALLY quick, how will that compare to the t3/t4? looking to get about 250whp, no more really, in the 240-260whp MAX range. Something that will spool up pretty decent, not at like 5-6k

T3/T4 is fine 57 tim .60 comp .63 exhaust is great for a stock b18b. I dont think the GT28RS is the best choice especially because of the price.

Quoted post[/post]]
T3/T4 is fine 57 tim .60 comp .63 exhaust is great for a stock b18b. I dont think the GT28RS is the best choice especially because of the price.

Also, i want to use a external wastegate. Thats correct right? What size?

Also i was looking at Hotrex's manifolds and will probably try the mini-ram or ramhorn out.

well im sure if you use hotrex's mani he can put any flange you want on there, but it will probably be easier to use a 38mm since your hp goal isnt too high.

38mm is good for alot of hp. id recommend that

With no internals done I'd think that it would be easier to reach your hp goals with the aforementioned t3/t4 57 trim.

For shits and grins here's the GT28RS flow map, in a 62 trim variant
http://www.stealth316.com/2-3s-compflowmaps.htm
As you can see at 7 lbs of boost it will put out 300 cfm which probably won't be enough to push you to 250 whp.

Back