guage cluster issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

htrcivic96sir

92 eg hatch CX---- guages work fine and so do CEL,SB,Shift lights. Problem is ever since I bought the car the guage cluster has lit up once for all of 2 minutes during my intire time of own3rship. Checked fuse, it was good but replaced it anyway. Shift light comes on when Head lamps are off but not when they're on. Havn't pulled it apart yet , but I'd like to know where to start if anyone else has had this issue before. Thanx for any help.

NOTE: when I purchased the car, the stereos' harness had been hacked up but i checked it out and everything seemed to be buttoned back up ( butt style connectors) and i even installed a new stereo that works great on the existing repaired wires.

I would start looking at the hacked up wires.
Check the wires that go to the Dimmer see if they are connected. From the switch to the cluster etc. The problem w/ my cluster lights was the dimmer switch was junk.
Try to hit that switch a few times and that will let you know if there is a wire loose or the unit itself is destroyed :D

Originally posted by Boosted4dr@Mar 25 2005, 03:08 AM

Check the wires that go to the Dimmer see if they are connected.
[post=478319]Quoted post[/post]​

I was just about to say that.

twisted- i am having trouble with the front right corner lamp, its "reverse blinking"... instead of flashing on when im turning it flashes out... but the bulb is in right because it has offset lock tabs on it so they're idiot proof.

boosted4dr- the dimmer wire checks out good and it even opperates the dimmer in the radio properly.

the dimmer switch is hooked up and the wires are tight in the plug, I guess its just a bad switch...thats the only conclusion i can come to being that it flashed on that one time. I'll replace it and see whats up

good lookin out people!!!

Back