Guitar Hero for PS2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
Anyone played this?

I picked it up sunday. its pretty cool.

you'll like it if you are into DDR and shit. basically you have a guitar controller and strum it while hitting various combinations of notes and chords. its gets fucking hard though. im playing my way through medium. cant wait till i get home :lol:

IGN: Guitar Hero Review

i dont like guitars.

i like this though, it takes alot of skill. i figured it would be cakewalk compared to the other "interactive" type ps2 games i have.

Soooooooo old. Then again, we imported all this shit back in like 99. :)

intersting. it still is not released in japan and the US release date was NOV 05. how could you have had this 7 years ago?

i played it a couple weeks ago...that game is addicting...i dont own a ps2...but its makin me wanna get one...hahaha

TurboMirage said:
intersting. it still is not released in japan and the US release date was NOV 05. how could you have had this 7 years ago?

Most likely an older version- kind of like how DDR has been around since the late 90s, but is only starting to hit it big in the US. We were playing it on a Dreamcast and an imported JDM PS2.

ahhh. i couldnt find any older versions. got links? i can play JDM games on my ps2 and id like to see what songs they got :)

is it real though?

i mean, does it through up chrods and stuff? i play guitar, so i think it would be awkward as hell if it wasn't "real"

no, it's got buttons where the first 4 or 5 frets are and a strummer where strings should be. I agree, as a guitarist and bassist, it would be hard for me to get used to something like that. It's about as similar to playing a real guitar as DDR is to real dancing.

so you can play 5 buttons? there's no 6 strings (or 6 buttons) per fret?

bah, thats gay

it's not that I think it isn't hard, it's just weird if you know how to play guitar, and then have to transition to something that kinda feels like a guitar, but isn't a guitar.

its more about having rhythm than knowing how to play a real a guitar...and it definitely helps if you know the songs youre playing on there...so you know the rhythm the song goes with...buuuuut...advantages of being able to play a real guitar are the ability to maneuver your fingers to all of the buttons well...

you dont tune a plastic guitar with buttons holmes.

B000BU8YA2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Back