h22 accord P/S issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

i know everyone has been debating on the power steering line from the accord on the prelude pump and bracket. well. im not really in a position to have it brazed or replaced with the prelude hose for 200 something. i was wondering if i could have my buddy in the welding and metal department just make a thick spacer the same oval type pattern with the 2 holes. and just use it as a riser? than buy longer bolts.

well, i don't think that would work, because there is an o-ring on the nipple part of the fitting that goes into the pump. maybe you could use another o-ring that's slightly larger, but you have to get a good seal, or p/s fluid is likely to spray out around the fitting. i'd say try it anyway though; have a friend start the car, while you check for leaks, have him rev it, and if it holds, great. if it doesn't, take of the powersteering belt until you have a better fix. i was able to find a hydraulic shop that made a new hose with the h22 upper part, and the accord lower part. it was like 50 or 60 bucks, but it'll be hard to find a shop that will do it.

shouldnt be that hard, any local hydraulic shop should be able to do it....this is what i did for my swap as welll

call hmotorsonline.com they can probably hook you up with the high pressure line ur lookin for that connects to the ps pump. thats what i did when i did my swap then took it a shop and they will cut your old one and place this one on it. bam problem fixed

I asked two hydraulic shops, neither one would touch that hose. The fittings on the soft line would have to be metric, and special ordered.

would i be able to junkyard the P/S hard line at the pump off a prelude and cut and just have a hydro shop braze them together? or do they not mess with stuff like that

Quoted post[/post]]
would i be able to junkyard the P/S hard line at the pump off a prelude and cut and just have a hydro shop braze them together? or do they not mess with stuff like that

I heard if you use a 97+ prelude bracket with an accord pump it will work perfect this is for the 5gen accords.

Quoted post[/post]]

This is what I did initially. I had a shop braze them, but oil and welding don't mix. Plus, you have to keep the hose cool, so you don't melt the rubber. Mine broke after about six months.

Why pay someone 40 bucks to cut and weld, when you can buy the right hose for 140? It'll save headaches.

so get the prelude line from majestic...its the cheapest ive seen. what year prelude do i get the hose from. and do i just replace the whole line from the rack?

Quoted post[/post]]
so get the prelude line from majestic...its the cheapest ive seen. what year prelude do i get the hose from. and do i just replace the whole line from the rack?

93-95 DOHC Prelude hose.

You place your sensor into the line. It is one piece, and it goes from the rack to the pump. It's a little bit of a pain in the ass to wrap around everthing properly. The bends on the rack side will be slightly different, so you'll have to carefully rebend it to fit, without crimping it off.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

This is what I did initially. I had a shop braze them, but oil and welding don't mix. Plus, you have to keep the hose cool, so you don't melt the rubber. Mine broke after about six months.

Why pay someone 40 bucks to cut and weld, when you can buy the right hose for 140? It'll save headaches.

saying its "the right hose" is a bit misleading.... since you state later in this thread that you have to rebend the lower part. the shop i took my hose to in houston cut of the the ends, and welded on threaded fittings, then put a new hydraulic hose between them.

sure, some slight rebending, but it works perfectly.

How much did that hydraulic stuff cost? I'd get a used hose if you can find one, but there were none in my area when I looked.

I think the right welder could mend together the right end on your old hose, but don't rely on a hydraulic shop for that. Go to someone that ONLY welds for a living. I speak from experience. That, and I'm a trained welder as part of my job. That's a high pressure line, not to be tinkered with.

Quoted post[/post]]
sure, some slight rebending, but it works perfectly.

How much did that hydraulic stuff cost? I'd get a used hose if you can find one, but there were none in my area when I looked.

I think the right welder could mend together the right end on your old hose, but don't rely on a hydraulic shop for that. Go to someone that ONLY welds for a living. I speak from experience. That, and I'm a trained welder as part of my job. That's a high pressure line, not to be tinkered with.

i'm pretty sure it was around $50. the welds look pretty good, and it's a professional commercial hydraulics place. plus, assuming the welds hold, i could replace the hose portion for like 20-25 bucks if i ever needed to.

If I remember right the dohc and sohc hoses don't have the same connection at the pump.

yea the fitting at the pump is correct with the hardline on the accord. but the problem is the little hole for the tensioner on the pump is sitcking out and in the way of the hardline. im thinking about cutting it off. it doesnt need to be THAT tight that i need to use a tensioner

Back