H22 motor mounts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

ive been searching forever and cant find em. Who makes mounts for an H series into an EF? i saw a thread somewhere else where someone said ARD, but i googled the name and cant find anyhting on that brand. I know someone makes them, but they are hard to find.

can anyone help out?

BTW, dont try to tell me about the problems with, or the drawbacks to the swap, i am just looking for the mounts thats it.

email hasport and ask them if they made some mounts, hell they have every other swap mounts made sure they can make some

or you might have to make a custom set

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Apr 18 2005, 06:56 PM
You have to get custom mounts, no-one makes them.
[post=488473]Quoted post[/post]​

how sure are you. I am not saying you are wrong i just want to know if you are assuming that, or if you know it for a fact.

I know that no major company is producing mounts for the h22 ef swap. Your best bet is finding a shop that can fab some up for you. However, this means that a shop will probably have to do the swap for you too, unless you posess the means and know-how to make your own mounts.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the h22 ef swap ISNT WORTH IT. Its way too much work, for too little gain. Just build a b20 with a Type R head, it'll be cheaper and make more power if you want it to. The h22 only makes 190/160, and those #s can be made pretty easily on a built b20. Hell, even a boosted LS would be cheaper and faster. Its just not worth your time or money to do the h22 swap, being differnt is overrated, you don't need something different, you need something that works.

Citizen Insane = Ktanaka???

Anyhow I though Avid made the mounts? And I wouldnt go to a random shop to have fabbed, contact HaSport about that sort of shit...

Brian

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Apr 19 2005, 10:51 AM

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the h22 ef swap ISNT WORTH IT. Its way too much work, for too little gain. Just build a b20 with a Type R head, it'll be cheaper and make more power if you want it to. The h22 only makes 190/160, and those #s can be made pretty easily on a built b20. Hell, even a boosted LS would be cheaper and faster. Its just not worth your time or money to do the h22 swap, being differnt is overrated, you don't need something different, you need something that works.
[post=488683]Quoted post[/post]​

yea yea whatever. 1. its not for me 2.We are in CA, and the swap has to be legal, so that presents a problem if i want a STOCK motor that puts out around 200hp. Its either a Type R or H series, and the R is twice the price of the H series.

hmmm, i looked and looked and came up with nothing

i thought hasport used to have em, but i guess just b series

and during my search i found out that apparently you need to widen the front end to even think of fitting the h22 in there
i know the shifter cables/shifter mechanism on the actual trans would most likely cause serious fitment problems...

d series plus greddy kit = 180 ish? and carb'ed...
or so they say...

does a type R pass CA emissions?

You do realize that the h-series swap will end up costing more than the Type R in the end don't you? The engine may be cheap, but you have to modify the whole engine bay just to get the damned thing to fit. You'll also need custom mounts, custom axles, etc...and that'll all add up to more than the $6000 an ITR would cost to drop in.

and the wiring is gonna be hell since they never made an OBD-0 H22
ITR will be cheaper in the long run, and most likely faster

Did you not see where he said: Dont tell me about the cons of the swap, just asnwer the fucking question? Ok, he didnt say it those words, but close enough. So stop telling him all the shit he doesnt care to hear...

The axles are not going to be that bad, you can use the Prelude Inner Joint, (depending on your hubs) a Civic or Integra Outer Joint... Im not sure on the actual shaft...

Brian

ok well, i guess this would go along with the axle part of the H22 swap. My buddy put an H22 in an EK hatch, lowered inch and a half, and the axles binded up on him, he swapped out 3 sets of axles including a set of avid axles for an H22 swap. all of which binded up. he lifted the car back up on stock springs=no binding.
pretty sure ur gonna need to run an prelude intermediate shaft, with prelude inners and integra outters on the axles.
and again, the car is going to have to be converted to OBD-1(as if the wiring isnt bad enough going into a car of the same OBD system)

Ok thanks for the bit of real info a few of you gave, it helps just to know some of that stuff from the people who have experience with the swap. like i said, its not even for my car, jsut doing some research for a friend.

the main drawback that i think is gonna make us forget about the H22 is the amout of time the car will have to be off the road. A b series can be done in a few days with all the right shit, but the fabrication with the H will take a while.

BTW. I ran across a guy here in SD a long time ago that had done the H swap in a CRX, and said yea it was a bitch to do. he said if i took him the car and the motor, he would do all the fabrication and the swap for a grand. sounds like a shit load to me, but just wanted some opinions. this is assuming that after seeing some of his work i even thought he did good enough quality work to get his hands on the car. you think its worth it?

if the guy knows what he is doing and credible, as difficult as that swap is, a 1000 bucks is definately worth it. most shops charge that as a base for an easy swap.

Back