H22 swap in EG Running too rich!! Help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

somedude

Hi everyone...

My car is running way too rich!! The spark plugs are pitch black and i'm only getting about 90 miles for FULL tank of gas!!! It is an eg coupe with a JDM H22 in it. EVerything is pretty much stock except for intake and catback. There is no cat converter on it. The only CEL is 13 which is egr. The car runs fine except for a rough idle and smelling of gas. Does not bog too much. ANyone with any tips or pointers will be helpful. Thanks and hope you guys can help me out.

Holy hell man.
I think your timing is off, and your vacuum lines are mixed up.
I'm guessing the EGR code doesn't help.
Welcome to HondaSwap.

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Sep 19 2005, 11:31 AM
Holy hell man.
I think your timing is off, and your vacuum lines are mixed up.
I'm guessing the EGR code doesn't help.
Welcome to HondaSwap.
[post=556644]Quoted post[/post]​

Is there a link to how the vaccuum lines should go to??? Thanks

not that i could ever find when i needed it.
Maybe someone knows of one?...
Try going to a Honda Dealer, and or finding another h22 and match em up :)

gimmie about 20 minutes to find it in my chiltons...its not that great, but its better than nothing.

Oh, and did you use a downpipe for a prelude VTEC, or did you use a normal prelude S/Si?

the first thing i would advise is to fix the CEL...

CEL = safe mode = timing retard and massive amounts of fuel...

Thanks for the info...

But yeah...I've been checking my car and I tried checking the spark plug wires....i notice that when I took out wires 1 and 4, it didnt make a difference to the engine while running?? :blink: I was told to replace my distributer cap and rotor due to this might be the reason why my timing is jumping all over the place. What do you guys think??

definite possibility...replace the cap and rotor.

Oh, if you switched to the internal coil dizzy, get the cap and rotor for a 97 Accord VTEC...i spent forever looking for the right one at oreillys

Quoted post[/post]]

Oh, if you switched to the internal coil dizzy, get the cap and rotor for a 97 Accord VTEC...i spent forever looking for the right one at oreillys

yeah, i have the internal dizzy...so you're saying that I should use the 97 Accord V-TEC's cap and rotor then??? Pretty positive about this? Thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

yeah, i have the internal dizzy...so you're saying that I should use the 97 Accord V-TEC's cap and rotor then??? Pretty positive about this? Thanks

Yeah, an hour at oreillys...ya dont forget stuff like that

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Yeah, an hour at oreillys...ya dont forget stuff like that

Thanks....got it....

The bad thing is i think my rings are shot....pistons 1 and 4 are losing compression..so that means, i'll have to prob work on the block...sucks...thanks alot though..i'll update you guys on if i can get this thing to run right or not.

Back