h22a crx questions/concerns+ internet=poop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackdahlia6

well theres a lot of crap on the internet and ive never met or talked to anyone whos driven or owned an h22a crx before and im wondering if the "massive" 40lbs can make any difference.

the plan this summer is to drop 3500 grand on a crx build. i can get a straight, running crx for 500 flat...at the right times. and the original plan was to have a b16 turbo but im looking into the big block h22a :rolleyes:. its main purpose is for drag but i looooove tight cornering, and if h22a isnt that much different handling than a b16 crx (asides from massive power difference) id more than likely go that route

does anyone have an h22 rex on here, or driven one? what was it like in the corners, and how was the traction? any info would be groovy, thanks guys

ive never seen/owned one but think about it. if its only 40lbs diffrence then move the battery to the rear, thats like 15-20lbs, remove the charcoal canister5lbs,a/c componints 20lbs.. and there ya go. theres your 40lbs back

I have a H23a vtec in my EF and i love it, yes it is extra weight in the front, but with a good suspension setup and rubber you should be fine in the corners. I love the power of the motor, and the looks from people when i pop the hood for them. Explicitspeedperformance.net makes a great setup for our cars. Have fun with either route you choose

thats one heavy ass charcoal canister!

on a side note. if you spend some time with alignment specs and a quality suspension setup, you can work out any issues you might have (understeer) in the corners. Full coilovers, big rear sway bar sticky tires like H23 said ^^^ and you;ll never know youve got a heavier engine up there.

ive been in a ef civic h22 and it wasent too bad, to make up for the extra weight slap on a nice tein or skunk2 suspension a thicker rear sway bar, a nice traction bar from explicitspeedperformance.net and some wider tire and it should be good for the rally

Back