h22a wont start..just did a compression test

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crazi_e

well i did a compression test 2 my motor like 1 hour ago..cyl #1 read 150-#2 115-#3 130-#4 did not start up but went to 150..so i said expletive now theres suttin wrong with cyl 2 and 3..but was a bit iffy with 4 cuz it wouldnt start..so i waited an hour or so and went 2 start it up 2 go to the mall and it wont start..i also noticed that my started gives a lil spark evrytime u try to crank it..i dunno wuts wrong..now it ran yesterday cuz i took it 2 school and wen i got home i parked it and havent turned it on since until 2dai..
what could be the prob?

Well, for one thing, the 115 psi on cylinder number 2 is a problem, possibly indicating a bad head gasket. However, that shouldn't really stop your engine from starting. I'm assuming that it's cranking fine since you did a compression test. Did you check for spark at all four cylinders? Is the fuel pump turning on?

-Doc

yea i kno 115 is bad..but it drove ok b4 it so i realli didnt mind..but since it wouldnt turn on after that than i had more problems on my hands..i checked for sparks but they were very very unoticable..then when my other friends came we tried it again and i was gettin no spark..they are new spark plugs by the way

So you are sure you're getting no spark? Run the codes on the ECU and see if anything comes back. If not then you're probably looking at an ignition problem, since there's no spark at any of the cylinders, I'd say either a power problem to the ignitor or coil, or a bad ignitor or coil.

-Doc

thats wut my friends say also..what would my best bet be..should i just buy a new ignitor/coil or try and fix it..cuz i have werk 2dai aht 330 nd i didnt even go 2 school..nd ive been without my car since friday..

also i took off the cap nd rotor is stuck..it will not cum off..is there nething i can do to take it off?

Usually there is a screw in the side that holds it on. You may need to rotate the engine to get to it (just bump the starter).

-Doc

ok i got it off..screw wasnt even in the hole it ws like fused into the plastic around the rotor..went 2 pepoboys 2 get a new cap and rotor and the one i ordered didnt ft my dizzy..i asked for a 93 prelude 2.2 vtec..nd it didnt fit..the lady from pepboys also said that all the yrs from 92-95 in vtec and nonvtec it would be the same cap and rotor..so i was confused..so i asked to check to see if the dizzy was from an accord and it wasnt..so i dunno where my dizzy was from..is there any way i can check??

That's odd. I would check with a different parts store maybe.

-Doc

got it 2 werk 2dai..i took out the ignition pack nd coil from my cousins dizzy that he wasnt using and slappied it in mine..took a while to crank up so we jumped it nd waited a bit cranked it and it slowly turned on..i was so happy..thanx alot for ur help tho dr tweak..

if you have an h22a (not a1/a4) then you need the cap from a 96 accord vtec. the h22a1 (93 prelude vtec) has an external coil and wont work with an internal coil dizzy.

No problem.

'96 Accord vtec, I'll have to remember that. The JDM H22A1 uses an internal coil, right? ('93 model, for example).

-Doc

No problem.

'96 Accord vtec, I'll have to remember that. The JDM H22A1 uses an internal coil, right? ('93 model, for example).

-Doc

well if its a jdm engine it wont be an a1. by default the number at the end USUALLY (i cant think of a time it doesnt) means its usdm or edm. USDM a1 and a4s are both external coil. JDM h22As are internal coil.

It took me 4 trips to the parts store to finally figure out what was going on.

you can aslo use the h23a1's ignition coil on a h22a that is

Back