H23 -> H22 swap - easy or hard?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wush

Hi all

I have a UK spec 4th gen VTEC with a H22A swap, but the car has been hit from behind so the engine has been removed....

My girlfriend bought a UK spec 2.3 4th gen but the water pump gave up and the headgasket ended up blown....

So, the plan is to put the H22A in the UK spec 2.3 shell.

The question: I need to know if the H22A ECU will be compatible with the wiring for the 2.3, i.e will the connections in the 2.3 allow a straight swap of the ECU's?

And also any information generally anyone has on issues i might come accross with this swap?

i assume this is an accord. not sure what the year model is (considering we dont have h22 and h23 accords...preludes yes, accords no), but if yall are anything like we are in the states, this is going to be an easy swap.

if the engine you are getting is a 92-95 or 96-2000, then hopefully your car is too.

reference:

92-95 = OBD1

96-2000 = OBD2

If your car and engine match OBDs then there is no problem.

The only things you will have to do is run 2 wires from the ECU to the VTEC Solenoid and to the VTEC Pressure switch. Aside from that, this is a straight swap (in the states).

(im a little on the drunk side right now, so ill double check this post for intelligence in the morning)

if its prelude to prelude, and the prelude non-vtec is a 94+, then the wiring for vtec is already there. should be by the strut tower on the battery side, besides that, its plug and play.
about the ecu, you can run the h22 with the p14(h23 ecu) but vtec wont open.

hope it works out.

is there a way to use the h23 ecu with an h22 head and a vtec controller for the vtec?
thanx 97h23

vtec controllers are there to modify the vtec setting on the ecu. since its a p14 there are no vtec maps for it. so no.

Back