H23vtec build plans.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm still wondering why you're going h22 head on h23 block

i am under the impression, and i'm pretty damn sure i;m correct here, that you need to do an assload of work to get the head to bolt up...

Yes, it does take more work than your typical LS/VTEC. Some people are OK with that.

But to do all that work with pre-determined plans to boost it....well, that's what is confusing me. I mean, I've seen people build an LS/VTEC, and afterward decide that it's not enough power, and then boost it. But to go through the work of building an engine that has great potential for N/A applications, then get rid of some of the cool N/A things....that's what has left me scratching my head.

i thought the fabrication costs for this vtec head swap was in the thousands?

there was a shop that did it for show and advised everyone not to do it cause it was a waste of money

h22 swap is 2K

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 3 2005, 09:15 AM
i thought the fabrication costs for this vtec head swap was in the thousands?

there was a shop that did it for show and advised everyone not to do it cause it was a waste of money

h22 swap is 2K
[post=455766]Quoted post[/post]​

No, you're thinking of the H22 head onto the F22 block. THAT is a colossal waste of money.

The H22 head on an H23 is more practical, but still difficult. DesertNightEagle did it, and posted many wonderful comments and observations. He said he wouldn't have done it had he known the difficulties involved.

its a drag car, and i want something different.

they arent that hard to do, a friend of mine (which i dont talk to much anymore) has built 3 of them. i was just looking for comments for the build,not whether or not i should do it.

Back