Hacking Away In Fustration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

and im going to add to it,you do not have to have a lift to pull a motor,you can bring it out from the bottom
i pulled my motor out in my driveway,with makeshift lift,i put my own motor back in(with the same makeshift lift) you wanna know who helped me???
it was you who said makeshift lift and pulling the motor out from the bottom, not makeshift hoist. before you start calling people out, read your post.

blanco, i never said anything was better than a D, nor implied it. i said that when you reach the limit of the D, your only choice is to swap or boost it. i was very wrong on their limitations, however what i said still stands true. without boost, all engines have a limit, and in this case, the D's limit is somewhat lower than the B or K. i admit my own ignorance on the D's capabilities, but even from what i've learned here, and on dseries.org, i'm still happy with my swap. sure I could have the same power for (somewhat) less money (by my calculations, i spent $325 on hasport mounts, $125 on linkage, $75x2 for axles, $25 for a throttle cable from a LS and $50 for both radiator hoses.) $675, hell, i'd pay that for the ability to adjust valve timing events of the intake and exhaust independent of eachother, even without gaining a more reliable motor along the way. that does not mean i dislike the D, or any other engine for that matter. if i had more money, i'd drive a k24 block/k20 head ek hatch. waste of money? maybe. i've also gone to mcdonalds once or twice, and didn't go home and cook a healthier, better tasting, more filling meal for less money.

Last edited:
If I had more money, I'd drive a BMW E39 M5 and not waste money on a Honda
nice choice, i'd likely drive something of the sort if i was made of money, maybe an e36 m3, or even an evo. but hondas have been too good to me, i can't imagine not having one around to toy with. besides, i gotta have something to drive while the guts of my GTR are scattered across my mom's driveway :laughbounce2:

map sensor and probley some other stuff too have u tried changing the ECU? and dizzy yet?

Back