Happy 420!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok, so i know it's pretty much over... but i just thought i'd mention that i'm 'new' to the whole deal. my parents smoke still... after about 40 years of continuous use of the shit, i tried it for a while in high school but it just wasn't my thing.

now, it's prescribed to me for my migraines. go figure. i say gimme the god damn vikes.

Quoted post[/post]]

Same here. Used to smoke a lot but then smoked some laced shit. I only smoke now when it's free from friends. And even then I take only a hit or two. I would rather be drunk.

Random thought: Driving high is also soooo much harder than driving drunk....At least that's what I've heard.

let's put it this way... i ate a 'stop light cookie' not knowing how much kief was in the entire cookie... and drove from Stockton to San Jose back to Stockton (160 miles round trip, some of it was awfully trafficky) and had absolutely no problems. In fact, I found I paid more attention to what was around me than when I'm normally driving and talking the passenger's ear off.

Now, as for drunk driving... I have a DUI, which was a product of having a headlight out... the officer told me I wasn't speeding, weaving, or anything crazy. I've honestly driven more drunk than that night when I blew .12, but I never want to do it again. It's a shitty experience... and so is driving drunk. Especially when it kills someone. Basically, I remember everything being fuzzy... and I felt slow to react. Odd that I had such presence of mind, I guess.

I think the same way drunk as I do sober. Constantly... and about random shit. I just get a little bit... slow.

Weed however, makes me focus. Odd.

I drive all the time after smoking, but if I've had a beer, I don't even think of getting in the car. I'm underage and even if I'm under the limit I'm fucked. Not worth it.

NEWS FLASH!!!!

A DUI is a DUI....Driving Under the Influance!

beer, gin, vodka, wine, any drink...and hello....drugs too. Any drug that impairs or slows the reflexes down, causes a mis-judgement while behind the wheel...etc...etc..etc...

drugs are bad....mmmkay!!! :wink:

Haha, the DUI talk reminds me of a story my friend Matt told me. Back in HS he had a serious drunk driving problem. He would drive no matter how drunk he was. One time he woke up to a cop banging on his window. He had passed out at a stop light! There were like 20 cars behind him when the cop got there. So the cop ran him through the tests and he passed them all. The cop let him go. Little did the cop realize he was trashed, there was half a 30 in the back seat, and an open beer in his cupholder. After that he has gotten smarter. He still does it occassionally but never when really drunk. Ussually he just calls his gf to come pick him up.

innacurate. driving under the influence pertains to alcohol ONLY. (in this state)

driving while impaired is DWI and that's on ANYthing that impairs you, including Rx drugs etc.

there are many studies conducted by biased places that claim a lot of harm comes from smoking pot. i'm not going to binge smoke myself retarded, i'm honestly a one hitter quitter. after i get home, i like to unwind, toke, and just watch tv.

i'm still in school, with a 3.97GPA and I really don't find it hard to study, etc. especially because i'm not smoking myself to the point of just wanting to fall asleep. i'm not in high school anymore, can't handle it. haha.

it's all about presence of mind. if you question your ability to drive at any point in time, being tired, a couple drinks, or a bong load... then you shouldn't drive at all until you don't think to yourself 'am i ok to drive?'

ah, anyway, one day i'll pull up all of my research i've done myself... i did quite an extensive research paper on the effects of certain drugs, one of which was cannabis sativa and cannabis indica.

now, i know someone knows the difference...

I agree. I love the commercials that are like "You were suppose to spend time with your Grandmother, but you're Grandmother died from choking on a prune, and you werent there because you got high." lol

anyways, comparing drunkeness to being stoned is stupid, its pointless, tired and there is no way you can even begin to compare a Stoned stupid person on teh same level as a drunk retarded person.

Quoted post[/post]]
Indica grows as a small bushy plant and tends to be more narcotic in effect. Sativa grows tall and thin and tends to give a more "heady" high instead of the strong body high of most Indicas. Indicas are preferred by indoor growers due to their size and production for their size. :)

And she's completely correct. You can't compare someone who's stoned stupid to someone who knows they're below their limit of alcohol. You have to compare similar intoxication levels and marijuana will always impair less than a comparable amount of alcohol. Driving high is no more dangerous than driving tired or while talking on the phone.
You can't compare them in general. Lets just say 1 blunt equals 10 beers. I would be high as hell because I don't have your tolerance, but if I had only had 10 beers I'm good to drive. Where as you would be the opposite most likely. The two are just not comparable.

wheres that video.. top gear, or fifth gear did it.... with the guy smoking a couple joints before driving their course...

Quoted post[/post]]
You can also compare crash data like Australia did. Their findings were that drivers high on marijuana averaged very close to the number of accidents involving sober drivers. Argue with them about it, it's their government funded research findings. America, Canada, and the U.K. all found similar results. But hey, none of those studies mean anything because you know some dumbass braindead burnout. :wink:
You can't compare accidents either. Their are far more people drinking than smoking. Just for the simple fact that drinking is legal. And in Australia, the UK, Canada, and some parts of the US, drinking heavily is the way of life.

And I don't know about that study either, but I know when I drink and drive, I compensate for my impaired-ness.

Quoted post[/post]]
A COULPE joints? Ok, give someone two 12 packs and see how well they drive. Of course people are going to drive like shit after a couple of joints, that's an extremely high level of intoxication even with cheap ass brown weed.
Give me 2 twelve packs and I'll drive fine. Like I said before, it's about tolerances.

EDIT:Didn't see the part about the road course. But I could drive anywhere without getting pulled over.

EDIT:Didn't see the part about the road course. But I could drive anywhere without getting pulled over.
you sound so confident, and you better be cause you're betting about 15-20K every time you drive after you've been drinking...

not talking down to you, something i need to keep in mind myself...
and i'm not big on driving high, i would imagine i'd be a good driver, only going 10 mph, but i'm not comfortable with that at all

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
You can also compare crash data like Australia did. Their findings were that drivers high on marijuana averaged very close to the number of accidents involving sober drivers. Argue with them about it, it's their government funded research findings. America, Canada, and the U.K. all found similar results. But hey, none of those studies mean anything because you know some dumbass braindead burnout. :wink:
You can't compare accidents either. Their are far more people drinking than smoking. Just for the simple fact that drinking is legal. And in Australia, the UK, Canada, and some parts of the US, drinking heavily is the way of life.
Of course you can compare them. Its based on a PERCENTILE, not # of crashes.

btw its 420 right now

Quoted post[/post]]
you sound so confident, and you better be cause you're betting about 15-20K every time you drive after you've been drinking...

not talking down to you, something i need to keep in mind myself...
and i'm not big on driving high, i would imagine i'd be a good driver, only going 10 mph, but i'm not comfortable with that at all
I rarely drink and drive. My best friend has a DUI. I ussually drink at my house or my fraternity house, so either way I pretty much can crash where ever. However one of my good friends gave up alcohol for lent. It was nice having a DD for 40 days.

haha, the video has a guy smoking one joint (didnt mean to say couple), but in teh video, he drove the same if not a little better when stoned.

after 24 beers your good to drive? shut the fuck up.

Quoted post[/post]]
haha, the video has a guy smoking one joint (didnt mean to say couple), but in teh video, he drove the same if not a little better when stoned.

after 24 beers your good to drive? shut the fuck up.
Dude, I'm in a fraternity at a school where there is nothing better to do. I drink like 3-4 times a week. Plus I'm 190-200lbs. and mostly Irish, Scottish, and Slovakian. I'm not trying to brag. After 24 I am really drunk, no doubt. But I'm practiced at drunk driving, just because I rarely do it anymore doesn't mean my skill will leave me. Frankly it's past the bragging stage and is just straight up expensive.

lol ahhhh the good ol days of drinking 6-7 nights a week... hah, it was only 2 years ago too... man. But that resulted in liver problems for me, so thats why i drink about once a week, and i rarely drink to get drunk. fuckin pussy-ass liver...

oh well.

Back