Harness trouble? Need assistance... Please.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Loki816

Ok so I have a B18B1 block, with a B16 head, and B16 Hydro Tran, I also have a B16A2 ECU "P2T" I was wondering what Harness or Harness's I need for my engine? This is the only thing stopping me from swapping my engine.

Here's my rundown on the swap.

B18B1 Block
B16 Hydro Tran
B16 Head "PR3-3"
B16A2 Ecu "P2T'
AEBS Intake Manifold
Dual Valve Springs
Type R intake and Exhaust
Competition Clutch and Flywheel
Golden Eagle sandwich adaptor and Dowel Pins
DC 4-2-1 Header

Use the stock civic cx harness. Most of the connectors will plug right in. In order to use your obd2b ecu (I'm 90% sure P2T is obd2b, better make sure), you will need a jumper harness like this one: Rywire - Online Store.

You will need to hard wire the circuits for vtec to the correct pins on the ecu. You will also need to do the knock sensor, and I believe do wiring to convert the car to a 4 wire o2 sensor. Lastly, I believe that the b16a2 intake manifold has a 3 wire IACV connector. If it does, you will need to re-wire this strait to the correct pins on the ecu. All of the wiring info you need is in our Technical Articles and Reference - HondaSwap Forums

Use the stock civic cx harness. Most of the connectors will plug right in. In order to use your obd2b ecu (I'm 90% sure P2T is obd2b, better make sure), you will need a jumper harness like this one: Rywire - Online Store.

You will need to hard wire the circuits for vtec to the correct pins on the ecu. You will also need to do the knock sensor, and I believe do wiring to convert the car to a 4 wire o2 sensor. Lastly, I believe that the b16a2 intake manifold has a 3 wire IACV connector. If it does, you will need to re-wire this strait to the correct pins on the ecu. All of the wiring info you need is in our Technical Articles and Reference - HondaSwap Forums

Yeah my P2T is OBD2B i figured all that out, but my car and the engine is obd1 so I actually got a virgin P28. The guy I bought the engine from said I just need to chip it for gsr? So how exactly do I do that? And do you know what the pricing on that would be? Also do I still need to wire in vtec and what not? this is the only stopping me from droppin this engine in my baby!

You can find places online to get your ecu chipped. That is a better plan rather than trying to run the P2T. You still need to run wires for vtec, knock, and 4 wire o2, because originally your car didnt have that.

Aight thanks man, much appreciated! You have any good sites you might recommend?

Back