HDTV shopping, part 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B Check this site out, it has alot of great info on it, its kinda like the HS of home theater.

Link

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 11 2005, 11:06 AM
i may just pick up a 36" tube tv and call it a day...

i'm kinda getting ahead of myself lately in the finance department... :(
[post=497869]Quoted post[/post]​

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1077628885976

There ya go...For some reason, that ebay lionk didn't seem all that great for deals, Best Buy had a 50" LCD Grand Wega HDTV for about 2.5k some time ago.

I have an LG 42" DLP rear projection TV. Its great for the price. I have DVI running from my cable box for HDTV and it looks AMAZING. I'm using my XBox as my DVD player using component cables, and it works for me. The LG tv has different video settings for night, day, movie, gaming, etc. I've noticed in Normal mode at night, you get a slight "rainbow" effect. If you turn it to nighttime mode though, then it goes away. I do not like LCD's and the ghosting effect they give on motion. You need a quick refresh rate to get rid of it, which costs $$ of course. I say look into the LG DLP's, great value!
For CRT's I like the Sony's, they look super sharp.

P.S. The LG projection TV I have is very slim also, much slimmer than the Sony CRT TV's

where the fuck did you get a DVI input on your cable box? My DVI is used for my Samsung DVD player, and my HDTV is being run via component cables, along with the Xbox.

Sony > anything I saw, tested.

The cable box has a DVI out, which I run to the DVI in on my TV, for HDTV.

You bastard, best my Comcast HDTV box has is component...On your cable channels, are the HD channels the only ones in 16 x 9 ratio? All of the non-HD channels come in looking like 4 x 3 ratio, which puts gay black portions on the TV.

:p
Mine is a comcast box also. Its the DVR combo HDTV box, guess CA > FL? :)

On my box, I can have different settings for HD stations and non HD stations. So, for non HD channels, they fill up the whole 16x9 screen, like streched. Only HD does it do the 1080i (commercials in HD have the black bars on the sides). But the box knows how to display the 2 different displays, its pretty slick.

just check around and see what people are saying about them.

If you hear neg, or nothing, I'd pay the extra. large high-dollar items aren't to be fucked with.

Back