help me?? b18a1 with b16 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

s45012j

88crx si b18a spray
ok so i have an ls swapped 88 crx si. i am picking up a 2000 b16 long block, and want to make me some ls vtec..... i am not sure what else i need, i have the head gasket and studs for b16 cause it was in the plan when i bought parts. i am not sure what else i am going to need, and i want to have my car street ready!!!! any help will be appreiciated. the crx is runnin obd0 right now, i know i am gonna have to do some wiring myself, not scared..... i am not sure what ecu i need/ harness.... should i get the engine harness from the civic i am getting the b16 outta?? lol im kinda lost

first you will need to cover the dowel pins and oil supply to the vtec head. both those can be had on ebay from companys like golden eagle. as far as what harness to use, you can use your si harness with some small mods. for the ecu you have a couple choices. you could stay obd0 and have you ecu chipped for ls/vtec. i think xenocron.com chips obd0 ecu's, or you could convert to obd1, and run a chipped ecu. most people choose obd1 coversion, either way wireing will have to be ran. you can find more info in the tech section and by searching. ive also been told that replacing the rod bolts with a aftermarket set is a MUST! summit racing sells arp bolts. good luck!:thumbsup:

Try searching on the site for starters. There are quite a few posts on LSVTEC how to's all over the web as well. Ah hell, the best thing I could EVER tell you is the first RESEARCH your topic like a champ. :search: You'll be better off and more knowledgeable in the end. Not to mention you will actually know what questions to ask. Best of luck to you on your build. Let us know how it turns out.

i'd get the golden eagle vtec converssion kit.. comes with pretty much everything ur gonna need, head gasket, oil feed, lines, dowel pins, tap, plug, etc... if u gonna boost it then the ls pistons are fine.. but if u want higher compression... but something like b16. or ctr pistons in... get rods bolts.. there like 60 bucks... u can use ur si harness thats in there.. just gotta swap a couple of things.... get a type r oil pump and water pump.. might as well rebuild it too while ur at it... then that should be a pretty decent ls/vtec swap... its kinda like the one i have but my head is built too... hope that helps good luck

Back