here ya go e

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by B16@Oct 8 2004, 01:55 PM
not all europeans drive on the left hand lane. infact only britan does, as far as europe is concerened.
[post=400150]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow do I feel ignorant :(

still weird though.....right hand drive Lotus from Europe.....

ok rev and anyone else that needs clearification,

the elise and exige STOCK are not legal in the US. for the reasons stated (emissions, body panels, safety equiptment, ect ect ect). in order for the car to be legalized, these things need to be converted to be up to US specs.

the b18c5 is obviously NOT the stock engine, but if it does have that engine it will already be up to US spec and not need conversion(provided all the emissions controls were there).

and just this year lotus produced a US version of the elise.

clear enough for everyone? good. now stfu.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 8 2004, 03:11 PM

the elise and exige STOCK are not legal in the US. for the reasons stated (emissions, body panels, safety equiptment, ect ect ect). in order for the car to be legalized, these things need to be converted to be up to US specs.

the b18c5 is obviously NOT the stock engine, but if it does have that engine it will already be up to US spec and not need conversion(provided all the emissions controls were there).

[post=400161]Quoted post[/post]​

That works lol. Sun Internation was the Big US importer that was bringing over elise's and converting them to US crash specs and throwing ITR engines in them. And next year, the real elise will come over here with the celica GTS egnine and 6 speed producing 190hp (Lotus remaped the ECU to up the power a bit).

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 8 2004, 05:26 PM-->
@Oct 8 2004, 03:11 PM

[post=400161]Quoted post[/post]​

That works lol. Sun Internation was the Big US importer that was bringing over elise's and converting them to US crash specs and throwing ITR engines in them. And next year, the real elise will come over here with the celica GTS egnine and 6 speed producing 190hp (Lotus remaped the ECU to up the power a bit).
[post=400231]Quoted post[/post]​

theyre already here. 05 models. i havent seen them in person but i looked at some of the sellers around the US and lots of the dealers have them. they cost about 40g.
http://www.lotuscars.com/

i was just going to say.. i've seen severl on the road already- and theres a fwe at some dealers around

Originally posted by B16@Oct 8 2004, 01:55 PM
not all europeans drive on the left hand lane. infact only britan does, as far as europe is concerened.

I dont know if I understand this...

We're LHD, Europe = RHD.

correct?

I know Spain, France, Britain, Germany, all are LHD.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Oct 8 2004, 08:44 PM
We're LHD, Europe = RHD.

correct?

[post=400285]Quoted post[/post]​

Europe=Spain, France, Britain, Germany

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Oct 8 2004, 08:44 PM-->
@Oct 8 2004, 01:55 PM

We're LHD, Europe = RHD.

correct?

WTF? In the UK, Australia, Japan, and a couple of other places, they drive on the opposite side (LEFT) side compared to the US. The rest of the world drives on the proper (RIGHT) side of the road.

Originally posted by nfn15037+Oct 8 2004, 10:32 PM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Oct 8 2004, 08:44 PM
B16
@Oct 8 2004, 01:55 PM

We're LHD, Europe = RHD.

correct?

WTF? In the UK, Australia, Japan, and a couple of other places, they drive on the opposite side (LEFT) side compared to the US. The rest of the world drives on the proper (RIGHT) side of the road.
[post=400332]Quoted post[/post]​

Is that correct? I thought the majority was RHD, not LHD like us. when i was in spain i thought it was lhd maybe i was mistaken

i think you guys are confusing right hand drive and driving on the right lane of the road. if you drive in the right line, you're left hand drive. if you drive in the left lan, you're right hand drive.

Back